Seat wear on new skoda fabia Monte Carlo

when it's reset it shows the mileage, the techs say it's a software issue so they're having the car for a day to have the master tech look at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any others experience of other vehicles from different years with different fabrics good or bad is hardly relevant

to the wear on the 2012 Monte Carlo in this thread..

It would be helpful if others with the same car, same interior seating could comment on their wear on seats.

Obviously a different batch of material or interiors can be supplied, but they will not be that different,

unless one batch is faulty.

I see now that as i get in the car, my left hand goes over to rest on the seat base bolster nearest the gearstick,

& my passenger does the same getting in the passengers side.

Then when i am sitting waiting, not driving, my hand is across on the Seat Base Bolster of the passengers seat nearest  the gearstick.

Noticed now that what i do any any car, no wonder the seats get dirty or worn there if no seat cover on.

george

Our drivers seat is also showing signs of wear (monte with 14,000 miles) but it started at around 3000 miles. I didn't think it would get very far with Skoda under warranty so didn't bother chasing it up. My previous Monte which was written off at 3000 miles was also starting to wear in the same place :-(

Neither my wife or I are of the large build (55kg and 74kg) so its not down to being for the want of a better word chubby! Perhaps reading one of the other comments on this thread that Skoda need to give a demo on the correct way to embark/disembark the seat correctly!!

Mine's a year and a bit old, no wear on the drivers seat.

I'm thinking maybe you smaller people have the seat forward (like my wife does) to reach the pedals.  Does this force you to rub against the bolster when getting in?

Otherwise, is it the seat fabric?  Mine is the red and black fabric to match the paintwork.