Three words to describe a Yeti

prodata

An idle thought for a wet (in eastern England at least) Bank Holiday Saturday:

It's coming up time for me to change my car my nigh-on 3 year-old CR170 Yeti and so I've been casting around for what else in a similar vein to consider. (Another Yeti isn't out of the question, but it would be an easier choice if the FL didn't look like having no significant improvement in the available engine range - maybe even a backwards step if the 1.8TSi disappears). All this is a roundabout way of saying that it focuses the mind on which aspects of the Yeti appeal particularly to me and which I might look for in another vehicle.

Well, musing during the drive on the way back from viewing a Q3 and Tiguan, it occurred to me that if I tried and sum up Yeti appeal in 3 words (for me at least), it might be:

Honest; nimble; all-rounder;

(Maybe I should explain 'honest'. It's perhaps a simple word for unpretentious; the shape does what the design sets out to do - provide a maximum amount of space in a compact package. Yes it is a but van-like (a CDV if you like), but why are vans the shape they are? Isn't it because they're trying to optimise the use of space? I quite like that.)

Anyway, apologies if I've just wasted another minute of your life reading this to no good effect. But conceivably someone else might have another word or two to add to the list.

Edited by prodata
  • Like 1

Quality, affordable & BRILLIANT.   :D

When Kitten and I are ready to change we'll visit Preston Motors.   ;)

AND...................THIS post is my 3000th post to date  :sun:  :rock:  :think:  :hi:  :p  :party:  :clap:

(One can't have too many emoticons :giggle:)

• Like 2

Can't do it in 3 words but I can sum up why I have bought two Yeti.

1. Remarkably cheap purchase price for such a good car.

2. Remarkably low running costs, both mpg and retained value.

3. Remarkably good performance on and off road.

So I suppose, if pushed, my 3 words would all be "remarkable".

In all seriousness, if I was changing my car tomorrow, I can't see anything else on the market that can meet those 3 criteria.

currus is presumably chariot?? I'll swap you for optimum quisque briskoda legit.

Translated it reads "the best car ever" as it is one word too many Latin helped.  optimum currus ætérnum

adequate boot Brimma, unless you are carting around incredible amounts of stuff, I currently have a tool chest in my boot and room for more. Nowhere near as big as an Octy or Superb but when everything else is so good you can forgive the boot  :giggle:

OK. I'll play - it's wet here too.

Thoroughly Enjoyable Motoring

Perhaps you should start an advance level game - four words but must have the acronym YETI   - Yes, Excelling Through Innovation