Finally ordered new VRS Estate!

One thing I've definitely learnt over the years with cars is that a car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it, including dealerships etc.. Like people are saying, there seem to be some good px prices on here.

Congrats mate.... currently waiting here too for a *very* similar build to yours! (less the winter pack, boot liner and wheel...otherwise identical)

Did you get any discount on the car, or was that all bundled into the trade?

• Like 1

Hi there, I've been offered 12800 for it but it will have approx 31k miles on it on a 12-plate when I go to hand it over for my new one in November. I've got a build week of week 41 and so car will be ready 1st/2nd week of November. Was best price I got offered for it. It's probably not a million miles away from what it's worth part-ex but I got a reasonable deal so I'm happy.

Thanks for the info. Looks like my local dealers just do not want to deal at the moment.

I guess I'll be keeping my mk2 then.

Same here looked to see what sort of deal I could get by part-ex'ing my blackline, offered a pretty good trade in but no equity, dealer also would not offer any discount on list. No bother really as the Blackline is so good (and was nigh on 4.5 cheaper than the MK3 spec i'd have plumped for).

Edited by pipsyp

Same here looked to see what sort of deal I could get by part-ex'ing my blackline, offered a pretty good trade in but no equity, dealer also would not offer any discount on list. No bother really as the Blackline is so good (and was nigh on 4.5 cheaper than the MK3 spec i'd have plumped for).

To give me an idea how much they'll offer on mine, what spec is yours?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

To give me an idea how much they'll offer on mine, what spec is yours?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Hi B19RAK, a white DSG estate. I was offered just a shade under 17k for it about a month ago, 6k on the clock and immaculate. Indicative that my dealer would have probably stuck it up at around 18.4, 18.5k Edited by pipsyp

Thanks for the info. Looks like my local dealers just do not want to deal at the moment.

I guess I'll be keeping my mk2 then.

No worries mate. I had to work hard to get my deal and put a lot of legwork in. I reckon with the vrs being a completely new version and with the 0% deal, this is making it that bit harder to get big discounts/any discounts in some cases.