My YETI is being built THIS week! :-)

Steve Humphreys

Just spoke to the dealer, as above my snow monster is being built this week! Should be ready for collection in about 3 weeks time.

CR170 Elegance in muscavado. With TPM, MDI, Heated screen, silver roof bars and annapurna aloys.

:happy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I put my deposit down on the 8th of August, so that means that I've got to wait 12 days for a build date confirmation? I CAN'T WAIT THIS LONG!!! (Calms down) Not long now eh?

'Should have checked my emails. The dealer sent me one to say my Yeti's build week is 38. That's the 16th, i.e. next week...yay!

Lucky you :-) ordered mine 12th August and

Dealers assured me mine is being built next week ........

SE 2.0TDi 140 4x4 in black

Tow ball n electrics suitable for al-ko hitch and al-ko ATC....

Dog guard

Space saver wheel + false floor

Off road button

Then as last minute additions....

Front seat lumber supports

Rough road pack

Panoramic sunroof

Hoping for delivery mid October - feels light years away

Lucky you :-) ordered mine 12th August and

Dealers assured me mine is being built next week ........

SE 2.0TDi 140 4x4 in black

Tow ball n electrics suitable for al-ko hitch and al-ko ATC....

Dog guard

Space saver wheel + false floor

Off road button

Then as last minute additions....

Front seat lumber supports

Rough road pack

Panoramic sunroof

Hoping for delivery mid October - feels light years away

Come on, I'm sure you could have optioned a bit more on your Monster? Ejector seat, kitchen sink etc. :rofl: Looks like all good practical stuff mind you (apart from the window to the sky maybe).

Don't know when mine will be ready for delivery, 'wonder how long this takes from the build week?

Any of you wish you had waited for the facelift? My new yeti is arriving in 3 weeks and I keep looking at the facelift photos and feel a little bit disappointed that it looks so good!

Ewe noooooooo - the FL has just become another bland 'part of the crowd' look designed by corporate think-tank that wants to harmogonise everything into a standard uniformity, removing every last trace of individuality........

Rant over, I will go n get some coffee n sugar

• Like 1

Ewe noooooooo - the FL has just become another bland 'part of the crowd' look designed by corporate think-tank that wants to harmogonise everything into a standard uniformity, removing every last trace of individuality........

+1

Any of you wish you had waited for the facelift? My new yeti is arriving in 3 weeks and I keep looking at the facelift photos and feel a little bit disappointed that it looks so good!

Not at all, I think the current yeti looks great and i'm not so keen on the new skoda front end design on the whole range. I'm very happy with my choice.

Mine was originally ordered April delivery due July.  Wrong spec built.  Re-ordered 16 July, being built next week.. Seems like a lot of Yeti's bound for the UK are being built next week.

What I don't understand is Stevie D ordering his 21 July (5 days after me) and hopes to collect it tomorrow. Yet my build date is next week.  Strange.

Good luck and all the best tomorrow when you collect it Stevie D.

wakev and myself ordered Yeti's in 2010 about 7 weeks apart but come actual build time they was only 2 weeks difference and from memory they may even have had the same provisional build week at one point. Both TDI 110 4x4's but SE and Elegance respectively.

TP

I get your point. The new yeti will definitely blend in with the masses a lot more...and I do love the round fogs

Mine was originally ordered April delivery due July.  Wrong spec built.  Re-ordered 16 July, being built next week.. Seems like a lot of Yeti's bound for the UK are being built next week.

What I don't understand is Stevie D ordering his 21 July (5 days after me) and hopes to collect it tomorrow. Yet my build date is next week.  Strange.

Good luck and all the best tomorrow when you collect it Stevie D.

Thanks joxroach.......was surprised myself when I got the call to say it arrived.

Collecting it tomorrow lunchtime.

• Like 1

That's a great looking vehicle! Is it an Elegance? The wheels look black but they seem more Spitzberg-shaped than Matterhorn. 'May just be the angle of the photo I guess?

Thanks.

It is an elegance with a few extras.

Wheels are powder coated black to match the roof :happy:

Ooohh....nice! I didn't know you could option this with wheels, or are they a dealer special?

The dealer has someone they use to powder coat alloys.

Originally wanted matterhorns but was easier and cheaper getting wheels done.

I was told today that my build week is 44!  and it will be one of the last of the current shape.  Ordered August 8th 2013.  I also considered changing the colour and I was told this was not possible without it causing a delay!  Not sure this is entirely true!

Waited 3.5 months for my 1,2 se+ DSG.. I picked it up last Saturday what a great little car. My dealer let me have a 3 hour test drive and I was blown away. But waiting so long doubts come into your head and reading the reports on these pages convinced me I had made the right choice. I had a 2ltre Ntec Qushqui Auto Petrol but after 4 years it rattled, scoffed petrol, had handled like a pig compared to a Yeti. In its favour I do miss the grunt it had at 75 plus.

As most of my mileage is on country lanes the Yeti is great and boy it handles well. The only concern is the computer says 36 mpg, my dealer claims it will get better after 3000 miles or so is this correct? I can't get worked up about winter tyres as some do, it's a lot cheaper to leave the car in the garage and not go out or get a taxi. (I am semi retired)