New vRS picked up today!

hkp

In terms of running in - I've run in a number of cars now (I nearly always buy new), I tend to not thrash it when cold and drive normally when up to temp.  I don't mega thrash it either even when warm, but I won't pussy foot around.  It hasn't failed me yet to be honest. I think the way modern busy British roads are, you can't really enforce any particular style of driving as the traffic will soon dictate to you how you need to drive to keep up!

In terms of the gear change - lovely. Best yet I'd say.  Smooth, short-ish, positive.  The best thing is the clutch though - the best I've had so far on VAG group - no judder, smooth pick up and very light.

What a car!

Interior pics to follow folks.

• Like 3

Hkp I pick mine up today from there I must have been looking at yours last week they had mine plus 2 other vrs's

Nice, yeah I reckon so! 2 blue VRS were picked up yesterday.. They are flying out of the door...!

I still fancy the Xtreme wheels.. I reckon with the black pack, wheels and tints this car will look lovely. Beadles demo has the Xtremes and does look incredible.

Where are you going to get the tints done? As I'm looking at getting mine done. also I would like the xtreme wheels but they stick out from the tyre so more chance of curbing them plus I kinda like the subtle look lol. But I think once you have done yours it will look very tasty indeed

Awww man I wish I had gone to Maidstone rather than Canterbury for mine. You guys are all getting them so much earlier sob sob sob. Gimme interior photos to cheer me up! lol ;)

Oh go on then!!!

A few cheeky beading shots of the outside too...

SAM_0538.jpg

SAM_0539.jpg

SAM_0540.jpg

SAM_0541.jpg

SAM_0542.jpg

SAM_0543.jpg

SAM_0544.jpg

SAM_0545.jpg

SAM_0546.jpg

SAM_0547.jpg

SAM_0548.jpg
  • Like 2

Black Magic grill and mirror caps have been ordered just now from Super Skoda :-)

The TV advert shows the vRS with a Black Magic grille as standard, I don't know why they still fit chrome   

Are the side cubby holes in the boot not covered with a door? I can't remember my last Octy but they could have pinched some off the Superb parts list, would have finished the boot off nicely.

@hkp - are the seats full or part leather?

Part leather on mine Coops..

The side storage thingies in the boot are not covered unlike the old model. That is a bit of a downgrade tbh.

The speakers are better than the old FL, but not incredible.  I had a Boxster once with Bose which sounded fantastic in comparison.

I test drove an Elegance with Canton - it had better bass, but that about it.  I think the Canton sub may be retrofittable, as the Golf 7 folks have done this and the system is very similar.

• Like 1

The footrest on RHD cars looks properly comical!  :giggle:

:'(  :'(

Superskoda were listing an RS+ version for RHD cars. Is that what you continental folks get?

Part leather on mine Coops..

The side storage thingies in the boot are not covered unlike the old model. That is a bit of a downgrade tbh.

The speakers are better than the old FL, but not incredible.  I had a Boxster once with Bose which sounded fantastic in comparison.

I test drove an Elegance with Canton - it had better bass, but that about it.  I think the Canton sub may be retrofittable, as the Golf 7 folks have done this and the system is very similar.

Is part leather an option or is this what their leather option is?

Skoda UK have confirmed that the cornering fog lights will not be available on the vRS in the UK...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/285630-vrs-cornering-fogs-will-not-be-included/?hl=+cornering

This is despite them being listed in the brochure. They have issued a technical bulletin to all dealers to let them know of the mistake in the brochure.

Crazy if you ask me. The light is fitted, together with the bulb. All they need is activating! It would have been easier to ask the factory to activate them instead of issuing the bulletin and correcting the brochure!

Hopefully when VCDS is updated Ross-Tech will have worked out the coding.

Do both bulbs come on when the front fog lights are turned on?

lovely looking car, congrats!

Pretty sure thats normal for bi-xenon in that its just 1 xenon bulb with the shutter for high beam which "should" be brighter than the FL Xenons mix of halogen high and xenon low.

Did you notice the change with the new AFS over your old FL as its supposed to change the cone of light more for different situations?  Having said that youve only picked it up today!

On the Skoda Superb the bi-xenons work together with the halogen main beam bulbs.

The xenon's still have a shutter that lifts for main beam but the normal halogen bulbs light up too and are also used for the flash function.

Using the traditional halogens for the flash function is better as it preserves the xenon's and they reach full brightness quicker which better suits the flash function.

Seems like a little more cost cutting on the MkIII Octavia.

Do both bulbs come on when the front fog lights are turned on?

They do, yes.. it has MASSIVELY bring fog lights because it it... something fishy is going on here!

Something else I thought was missing from the spec sheer too - I can't remember what i thought it was now.. I'll look at teh brochure again and see if it jogs my memory.