Fitting Mud Flaps (Greenline Estate) Easy? Yay/Nay?

I've had my Greenline Estate for 6 weeks now and I'm loving it, so much I've nearly done 2100 miles already!

Anyhew, I'm going to get a few Accessories now i have some Extra Cash (due to the cheap running costs of the Car :) )

I want a Set of 'OEM' mud flaps front and rear! I know I can get them for a good price from Horton Skoda, or even from Fish Brothers here in Swindon!

Question(s) I have before I do is... How easy are they to fit? Would I be able to do it myself, without too much swearing??

Cheers

Sim.

Took me about an hour in total max on my Roomster (a lot of which was lying down then struggling to get up again - don't recommend doing it on a gravel drive!)

Remove the three wheel arch liner retaining bolts, offer up mud flap taking care to correctly locate any retaining lugs on the flaps, refit the bolts through the flap, retighten - job done.

I had a handy torx bit set with a small right angled ratchet handle which meant even the rears could be fitted with the wheels on - bit fiddly but straightforward but will depend on your wheel size - mine is on 15"

Dealer had quoted £102 fitted inc 40 mins labour. Think I paid about £32 plus delivery from Hortons

Yes fairly straight forward; fronts can be made easier by turning the wheels one way or the other. Tools needed are a Torx T25 socket set or key to remove and refit the arch liner screws.

Also try Rainworth's ebay shop for parts, usually free delivery.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Skoda-Parts-Shop

TP

Sorry to thread jack, but I have a VRS estate and I was wondering if these would be the right ones?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-FABIA-MK2-5J-ESTATE-REAR-MUDFLAPS-KEA720001-/321192083229?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac88a3f1d

Im 99% certain but i Just wanted to make sure before I parted with any cash.

Cheers!

• Like 1