Octavia 1U Remote Key Programming

From memory, I think that to re-sync the key fob you need to put one key in the ignition, tun it on and then use the key that needs to be resynced to manually lock and unlock the drivers door. Then press the remote buttons to lock the car.

Once you have done this and removed the other key from the ignition the remote buttons should work.

I have done this before (assuming that I have remembered it correctly) and it worked for me when I bought a 3 button key.

The remote and battery are nothing to do with the immobiliser chip in the other half of the key with the blade attached.

I herd that programmed keys cannot reprogrammed again....

remotes can be repeatedly programmed to any car that uses the same part number remote. It's the immob transponder chip that can't be programmed to other cars unless the transponder has come from a VAG with immo1 system & is being programmed to another VAG with immo1 system

• 4 months later...

Resurrecting an old post here what happen if the drivers door lock has been de locked? how do you re-sync?

Have you tried using the boot lock instead of the drivers door lock?

P.S

Delocking the drivers door is totally pointless and more trouble than its worth. imho.

Edited by GAZ911

Why do you think its pointless out of interest as I still have the buts to put it back to standard? Good idea about the boot though hadn't thought of that. Will also change batteries as well

Because the remote locking stops working on the drivers side door on a lot of octavias because of water getting in.If that happens and theres no manual lock on the drivers door you're have to open it using the boot.

P.S If your fobs not working and you've delocked it how have you been unlocking it,with the boot lock?

Edited by GAZ911