Using 2 stroke oil in new VRS

There have been more branded vs. supermarket fuel threads on Briskoda over the years than I care to remember.

I've read most of them with interest as I'd genuinely like to know the truth but alas most of them just contain theories, observations and the usual "my mate works at the refinary and reckons..."

If I worked for BP or Shell etc. and I knew my fuel was superior to the competition (whether that be branded or supermarket) then I'd be shouting it from the roof tops.

Likewise if I worked for ASDA and was confident my fuel was every bit as good as the branded stuff then I too would be keen to promote it.

The fact that neither side try's to demonstrate the advantages of their fuel versus the competition makes me suspicious of the entire industry.

This has occurred to me to. But I suppose a lot of it has to do with the fact there are 35 million vehicles on the roads in the UK, and I guess on average each vehicle gets through 30 litres of fuel a week. So UK filling stations sell 1.05 Billion litres of fuel a Week......54.6 billion litres per annum. If the oil company makes 5p/litre profit on the fuel, that is £2.73 Billion profit per annum....in the UK alone.

I'm not sure why they don't try to promote their fuels more.....but as long as they price match within local regions I guess the money keeps rolling in by the truckload and they don't really care. 

Even if it didn't generate any incremental sales I still wish they'd publish why they think their fuel is better.

It would at least curtail most of these branded vs. supermarket threads!

Even if they did - I strongly suspect that the cynics wouldn't believe the claims!!! But, as I've tried to explain, and some here I don't believe could ever be convinced, there are very significant differences and benefits between the best and the rest. Edited by Timoctav

Still haint explained how the different spec fuels (presumably) all come out of the one fill point pipe at the oil depot/refinery, to depart to various different brands on a daily basis.

Genuinely curious is all.

PS

The Luftwaffe in North Africa in the last war, had a team of chemists analysing and doctering, as necessary, the fuel for their planes since the quality was so variable.

No vested interest here, I only live in Scummerville, I don't work there - or for the petro-chemical industry  .... :angel:

Love it, only quibble is: you should never use a capital "S" when using that filthy word! Now go wash your hands and mouth out!

Love it, only quibble is: you should never use a capital "S" when using that filthy word! Now go wash your hands and mouth out!

Well to be geographically accurate I live in the SO postcode area, don't actually live within the city limits.....nearer the New Forest than S (or s)cummerville - it's a horrible scruffy place, much prefer Portsmouth where I work!

Southampton is.... Apart from the excellent new Maritime Museum and maybe West Quay nothing but litter, closed shops and traffic lights..... The once great port is, like the city, a shadow of its former self - and the only ferries run to the Isle of Wight and across Southampton Water to Hythe. At least Portsmouth has Gunwharf, the Heritage Dockyard and the UK's major Naval Base.

Edited by Timoctav