Wipers quiz

mender

I accentually new that answer as my dad's first car was a 2CV. However I thought it was too old and not sold in 90's. According to him the wipers were geared to the spedo cable (he says Spedo was an optional extra), so the faster you drive the faster the wipers wiped. If you was stationary and needed them you pulled a leaver and manually move them by twisting it left and right.

The early suicide door types did have a speedo cable driven wiper set up, all had a pump manaul squirter, with the last Portugal-built 2CVs sold in early 90s after production ceased at Mangualde 27/7/90.

I've had 5 of the things....!

Which British car had these wipers which :

1. Went faster as the car increased in speed

2. Went slower as the car increased in speed..

A Ford with vacuum operated wipers?

Agreed; 95E and 100E Prefect and Anglia spring to mind.

Wasn't there a car produced in the 80's whose 4wd system is linked to wiper function?

I can't think what, but we are reaching the stage where manufacturers could have controlled power split front/rear with electronics so it would be doable.

Here is another quiz I've come across

Do you know your warning lights?

Click on the tiles to reveal the picture. The fewer the tiles and faster you answer the more points you get. Time starts when you click the link below.

http://imagequiz.uk.msn.com/cars-image-quiz/Car_warning_lights

Here is another quiz I've come across

Do you know your warning lights?

Click on the tiles to reveal the picture. The fewer the tiles and faster you answer the more points you get. Time starts when you click the link below.

http://imagequiz.uk.msn.com/cars-image-quiz/Car_warning_lights

I got 11159