Anyone fitted plastic cill guards ?

Ahhh those plastic things that go on door steps?  (Not sure of technical names)  Seen them on ebay and woncered about getting some myself.  Looks same price as at dealers (they include fitting) £40 I think.  Don't they just peel off some backing strip and then press on?  I may get hem uneven though that wouls so **** me off.

I got some from Skodaparts.com for our Roomster. Our 3 year old insists on getting in and out of car by herself and uses the will as a step so they stop LOTS of scuffs. Really easy to fit as kit comes with clear instructions and they're pretty hard to fit incorrectly.

Ah ah Jonnobris,  just the man I'm looking for.

Did you follow the instructions?   Or just stick em on ?

I ask because I am puzzled by the 32 pages of instructions -- admittedly in 13 languages.

The front edge of the front door ones has to be 31 mm in front of the join in the trim.

The back edge of the rear door ones has to be 84 mm behind the jacking point "V" stamped in the bodywork.

My god what if I get it 33 mm or 86 mm? What might happen ?!!!

The plastic covers curl over the edge of the sill.   "It is absolutely necessary to preserve the 0.5 mm joint between the threshold strip and vehicle threshold..   We recommend using a suitable spacing foil."   The book says.

Half a millimetre !!!!!!  Someone at Skoda is taking the pi$$  Even with my reading glasses I can't  see 0.5 mm.

If I close one eye and squint along the cover strip the edge looks like a snake that's just been tazered..

How do I maintain a 0.5 mm gap when the plastic edge itself swings left and right about 4  mm?

Absolutely necessary indeed.  If I get it wrong by a milimetre here or there could it invalidate my warranty ?

The book says " The accessories are intended for professional fitting. Skoda Auto recommend having the assembly done by its contractors"       For door sill covers !!!??

I never read such a load of over the top bull in my life. 

So Jonnobris If I came to your car with a ruler would I find your fitting 2 mm out??  And if so what horrors have happened to your car .

Thanks to all for replying

Well I think I lined them up until they looked right and stuck them down. The front ones had a slight curl in them towards the back so made sure that was flush with the sill. No issues with them so far. Of course I could of measured 0.5mm here or there but call me a nonconformist! 

• Like 1

Never mind  :(

I bought a set of these for my Fabia, and the instructions made some reference to a template that the dealers might have to put them in the right position

I can't think for a second that a fraction of a millimetre difference would invalidate your warranty

But don't forget to tell your insurance company about the modification  ;)