Yet another winter wheels question

I'm acquiring a 2010 facelift model Octavia VRS. As I am coming from a 4 wheel drive (Subaru) background I am planning on fitting winter tyres to a smaller set of alloy wheels. I may go steel wheels if necessary.

Has anyone fitted 16 inch wheels to this car and if so what did you fit please?

I've spent days trawling the net, but there seems to be a bit of a mystery for the facelift cars?

What fitment will fit past the calipers etc?

Any help really appreciated.

Gamm

Yes, they take 16s and there should be a few sets on sale here from people changing to Octavia IIIs, which require 17 minimum.

If you go to mytyres.co.uk they have a wizard to find the right wheels plus their prices are pretty good.

Thanks for the reply. mytyres were emailed earlier and couldn't confirm fitment. Having ordered some wheel and tyres for my legacy only to find they didn't fit past the calipers, you'll understand I'm looking for definites.

Thanks for your quick reply, I'll have another browse around 

I will be ordering some avon ice tourings and steelies from mytyres next payday, works out just under £400 including delivery once quidco is taken into account.

I dont think thats too bad all things considering seeing as it will avoid the costs of swapping tyres over twice a year and the wheels/tyres will always have a second hand value if sold on.

If you had specified a 2010 vRS with a spare wheel it would have been a 16" steel wheel with a 205/55/16 tyre. 

You could get a set of second hand VW/Audi/Skoda/SEAT 16" alloys cheaper than a new set of steels.  Basically any 5 x 112 from a mk5/6 Golf/Jetta/Touran, mk2 SEAT Leon/Toledo/Altea, mk2 Audi A3/TT or most older A4/A6/A8, or something from a mk2 Skoda Octavia or Supurb should be fine. 

Your standard vRS wheels are offset ET51, and any OEM 16"s with an offset in the range ET35 to ET51 should be fine and will be fine with the same bolts (aftermarket wheels may need taper seat bolts instead of the OEM radiused bolts).  Stick to 205/55/16 and you'll have a huge choice of reasonably priced tyres.

Edited by JulieD
  • Like 1

Thanks very much everyone. Sometimes the Internet is good, I really appreciate all your help. I'm hoping to get a set from a mk5 golf shortly which are the correct fitment and size. Haven't got the car yet, but when I do I'll post up a couple of pics and actually introduce myself.

Thanks again.

Gamm :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

VW Transporter T5 16" steel wheels fit fine. I got a delivery mileage set of 4 for £130 delivered off fleabay a while back. I also got a set of Continental T830 from kwikfit of all places for just under £61 each fitted. Fantastic winter tyres so I also got a set for my Astravan. They have been well worth the money.

Dave

I think it said T5. It was a while ago. Will try and have a look at the wheels and see the numbers on them if there are any. They were definitely off a VW transporter.

Edited by FatblokeVRS