after market lights

Phil G

They look like a nasty chinese x-mass tree light :bandit:

Someone on the forum has them, personally from the pics I saw, visibility in daytime is pretty poor, and not so bright at night either.

More of a gimmick then a light.

I'll copy some:

Technically not working correctly; amount of light disappointed

Unsuitable for UK RHD - Fog & Reverse light incorrect positions.

Great seller all around but very bad quality product. Keep Away!

Germans:

Not a quality product .. cheap Chinese junk sold here for a lot of money.

Not quite a perfect fit. shame. otherwise fast shipping. shame

Not fit 100% ugly gaps between the lights and body

Don't waste your money.

The fit looks pretty good here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/228896-dectane-led-blacksmoke-tail-lights-pt-2-the-finished-article/?hl=+dectane

07.jpg

Personally I prefer the OEM look, but these are only for the hatch...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/289065-octavia-hatch-led-tail-lights-now-fitted/?hl=+dectane

4C029B1A-F7E1-4318-81E6-0BE6C2431214-530

Edited by silver1011

They look like a nasty chinese x-mass tree light :bandit:

Someone on the forum has them, personally from the pics I saw, visibility in daytime is pretty poor, and not so bright at night either.

More of a gimmick then a light.

Total BS regarding daytime visibility, if I'm honest, they stand out as well as standard lights in daylight

07.jpg

15.jpg

Have a read of his neutral feedback,there are a few comments by English buyers about the quality etc.

I bought mine via German Amazon

I managed to fit them myself, and I'm not in the slightest bit technically minded

They were plug and play, fit perfectly (I think those who saw the car at the national meet would testify to that), and so far (touch wood) have caused no problems whatsoever, despite being driven through several torrential rainstorms

I'm wondering with these being so cheap, and with the negative feedback, whether they are genuine Dectane lights or cheap copies

I think these could look quite good in a clear glass. The smoked and "far too black" just look a little "Citroen Saxo" for my liking

Horses for courses IMHO. I think Brimma's wouldn't look so good in clear/silver given the colour scheme of the rest of the car. On the other hand black ones would look fairly awful on my silver one.

Oh indeed. I'm just a massive fan of clear optics with the bulbs/led's doing all the work.

Just feel it has a much smarter and professional look.

The "blacked out" look which can in a lot of cases seriously lower the amount of light on display, just reminds so much of what the "youth" like to do with their cars.