Greenline mpg 76mpg.?

Currently getting an average of 63mpg, thats on a daily mix of A31, A3 on a journey into South London, also add into the mix the South London stop start traffic when out and about for work. Mind you It's only got 1800 or so miles on the clock. That readings is off the in car read out which is generous. When in the dealers buying it, got talking to someone who ran one who said, heavy foot= 40mpg, reasonable= 50 to 60mpg, light foot= 70mpg. Greenline III Combi, with only one or two in the car, I haven't tried it fully loaded. I am happy with the mpg, that and the £30 road tax next year and the reduction in insurance.

So, given the 5-8% typical over-read, that's in the very high fifties. Not 76 mpg, but still amazing for those of us who remembering squeezing 45mpg out of 1098cc Minis!

Stuart

My, now - departed Octy Vrs used to actually under read on mpg by about 8% when I checked it against brim to brim refills on a long run. Brim to brim has to be the best way of checking mpg.

Ive just got my best figure today of 76.8 mpg. Read from maxi-dot. However, before everyone tries to tell me its drastically optimistic, its not. Every fill up I calculate brim to brim and its usually within. 0.5 mpg. Average over my 19000 is 63mpg ( CALCULATED). Today was a gentle drive due to tractors and road works in a mix of 20, 50, 60 and 70mph.

Ive just got my best figure today of 76.8 mpg. Read from maxi-dot. However, before everyone tries to tell me its drastically optimistic, its not. Every fill up I calculate brim to brim and its usually within. 0.5 mpg. Average over my 19000 is 63mpg ( CALCULATED). Today was a gentle drive due to tractors and road works in a mix of 20, 50, 60 and 70mph.

Music to my ears. Nice one.

My record for going to work is 80.1 mpg and for returning home is 78.8. Both per the display and it was back in March when it was colder. I haven't got within 2mpg of that since but most days see over 72 mpg if there are no jams.  The display says I am averaging 67.2 over the last 5000 miles.  The only reason I get such great numbers is that I spend a lot of time at 50-55 mph on the M25 commuting before it gets really busy and my commute is typically 80-90 minutes. I am certainly no driving god, but the greenline is easy to squeeze good mileage out of if you are gentle.

Don't expect to get that kind of mileage if you drive a lot at 75-80 or if you live in an area with lots of hills.

Edited by Pesmog

• 3 weeks later...

The best fill up I have reached is 83mpg (calculated over 770km). The Maxi dot is usually about 4-8% over optimistic so I only trust the actual calculated readings.

Total average over 31500km is 57mpg including towing trailer winter etc.

Jonas

It is no a rocket but certainly enough to keep up without stressing the engine to much. Even towing a trailer is ok but then you feel that you are lacking a bit of power if it has a lot of drag. But because it is so efficient you will notice every odd thing in the fuel consumption. Such as wind, hills, road surface etc.

Jonas

My record for going to work is 80.1 mpg and for returning home is 78.8. Both per the display and it was back in March when it was colder. I haven't got within 2mpg of that since but most days see over 72 mpg if there are no jams.  The display says I am averaging 67.2 over the last 5000 miles.  The only reason I get such great numbers is that I spend a lot of time at 50-55 mph on the M25 commuting before it gets really busy and my commute is typically 80-90 minutes. 

Don't expect to get that kind of mileage if you drive a lot at 75-80 or if you live in an area with lots of hills.

Based on my experience (67,000 miles from new), I confirm that mpg in the mid sixties is achievable on a regular basis, but only if your driving is predominantly on motorways/dual carriageways and you keep to around 60mph. It is pleasing to have a range of between 800-850 miles, thanks to the 60 litre tank.    

Edited by veloplus

Veloplus, actually the tank is the one issue I do have. My two previous cars had 70 and 75 litre tanks, and the ability to add an extra 150 miles of range per tankful would be so useful to me as I always seem to run out about half a days drive from my preferred garage. :blush:

Veloplus, actually the tank is the one issue I do have. My two previous cars had 70 and 75 litre tanks, and the ability to add an extra 150 miles of range per tankful would be so useful to me as I always seem to run out about half a days drive from my preferred garage. :blush:

The Octy III has a 50 litre tank, 5 litres smaller than the Octy II. If only Skoda would offer a long range tank option!