New Front brakes going squeak squeak squeak

Vinjy

Hi guys!

On my 1.4MPi, I changed the disks and pads before my MOT and although I never had braking problems I did find the disk worn badly and the pads were almost gone too. So, new pads and new disks, everything was going great then maybe after 100 or so miles I started hearing my brakes going squeak squeak squeak (it has the sound of as if the wheel goes round and one part of it rubs against the pad). 

The sound of course vanishes on light braking (but the steering wheel wobbles a bit under light braking).

Any ideas?????

UNRELATED: I Just replaced the head gasket on my MPi. Took 2 days and it was a fairly straightforward job (I <3 my little car now lol) done 1200 miles on it since and no water leaks, oil top notch, no sounds from engine, I thought I did a pretty good job lol. I drained almost 800ml of water from the oil sump!

Anyway, if I could sort that braking problem out then I would have one working car :D

Thanks for any and all help!!!!!!!

V.

Of course, I am so stupid >.< 

I didn't have any so I just put normal grease on the back and it must have disappeared after some braking so I started getting these problems.

I will buy some tomorrow, re-grease the lot and report back!

Feel like a right plonker now -.-

Thanks guys :D

• Like 1

Update: 

I have taken the calipers off, knocked off all the brake dust crust (took about 4 hours total), cleaned up everything, greased it all up with copper grease, put everything back, bled the brakes (new brake fluid yay). Should have done that right from the start - lesson learnt: don't cut corners!

Took it for a drive and there are no noises, no vibrations and brakes work great....

Will let you know if it is fixed for sure after I do a couple hundred miles in it!

Thanks guys! :D

V.

OK, so, it's been about 100 miles and these are the problems:

Still slight squeak noise from brakes after about 5 miles (maybe as disk warms up and pads are still wearing in after being taken off and remounted etc) but the worrying thing is the appreciable grinding noise or more of a dull thud thud thud as I am cornering to the right. 

Any ideas?