bye bye roomster

bripat

well its time to say bye to my 2011 roomster se 105 , took the wife to have a look at a new yeti that( I )liked I sat in the front with a big smile on my face then looked in the mirror at my wife in the back , :sweat:  oh no she was not happy not enough room for her and the grankids so its going to have to be another roomster  but cannot make my mind up about the colour had cappuccino so its a red/steel grey/or petrol blue . rainworths at the weekend :happy:

Edited by bripat

well its time to say bye to my 2011 roomster se 105 , took the wife to have a look at a new yeti that( I )liked I sat in the front with a big smile on my face then looked in the mirror at my wife in the back , :sweat:  oh no she was not happy not enough room for her and the grankids so its going to have to be another roomster  but cannot make my mind up about the colour had cappuccino so its a red/steel grey/or petrol blue . rainworths at the weekend :happy:

Good to see you are not considering a white one!  I am enjoying the exclusivity!!

Before you get a red one be sure to see one in the flesh.  Luckily my dealer had a red one on the courtesy fleet and one look at that stopped me from buying a Post Office van!!  Red does not suit the Roomster!

Having looked at the Roomster I didn't think there was much difference in the space available for rear passengers compared to the Yeti. I presume the rear seats were fully back and the front seats not too far back - I can't remember the differences in the adjustments available between the two models, other than that my kids comment if I change their seats to make more space in the boot!

There was a regular red Roomster at Harewood Hillclimb (as a spectator I might point out) that did look smart, but the owner has now replaced it with the petrol? blue. It does look good, though I liked the red anyway:

gallery_80615_592_236182.jpg

The above or the Steel Grey would get my vote.

• Like 1

funny that the wife is called pat :giggle:  think the red is number 3 at moment anyone got a good photo of the steel grey please. will have a look around at rainworths on sunday .

Edited by bripat

Is this any good?

It's another from Harewood Hillclimb back in June. It was taken in the main car park. Oddly enough many of the interesting cars seemed to have Skodas parked next to them :)

post-80615-0-71169600-1380318615_thumb.jpg

Is this any good?

It's another from Harewood Hillclimb back in June. It was taken in the main car park. Oddly enough many of the interesting cars seemed to have Skodas parked next to them :)

attachicon.gifRoomster_and_friend.jpg

thankyou I do like that and the rails look good on it too  its now a fight between the steel grey and the cappuccino but having another cappuccino would not seem like a new car if you know what I mean, thankyou all for your help ,  does anyone know the waiting time for a SE (105) ? when I got mine in 2011 it was about 14 weeks.

"Oddly enough many of the interesting cars seemed to have Skodas parked next to them :)"

That's because Yorkshire folk use good taste and common sense when it comes to choosing their cars.

There is no substitute for seeing potential colours in "the metal" though.. My Roomster is Aqua Blue but in certain light from certain distances it looks either metallic grey/pewter or silver and only looks blue from close quarters. The Meteor Grey Fabia Reaction looks awful on the website but the colour (with black roof) really suits it in the showroom

Wife + mother 'coerce' me to spend a few bucks more for the Cappuccino Beige paint. Up to me, it would have been white or solid  blue.

I must admit it is very elegant, it's metal but warm and huggy. I usually do not like classic 'resellme' metal silver cars, they are so common down here (we say 'even your pet cat has got one'  :giggle:  :giggle:  )

See also:

Before you get a red one be sure to see one in the flesh.  Luckily my dealer had a red one on the courtesy fleet and one look at that stopped me from buying a Post Office van!!  Red does not suit the Roomster!

Oi! ;)

This is mine and it's really grown on me.

post-104072-0-73730000-1380625696_thumb.jpg

Luckily here in Australia, even though Australia Post is also red, we don't get the same sort of vehicles used(mainly motorbikes for the postie and white Toyota vans used by parcel subcontractors) so it doesn't have the same connotations!

I wanted black, but my wife refused on the grounds that it would look like a midget hearse

Oi! ;)

This is mine and it's really grown on me.

attachicon.gifIMG_20130703_222410.jpg

Luckily here in Australia, even though Australia Post is also red, we don't get the same sort of vehicles used(mainly motorbikes for the postie and white Toyota vans used by parcel subcontractors) so it doesn't have the same connotations!

I wanted black, but my wife refused on the grounds that it would look like a midget hearse

:giggle: :giggle:

• Like 1

Having looked at the Roomster I didn't think there was much difference in the space available for rear passengers compared to the Yeti

The difference is that in the Roomster the outer row 2 seats can be in front of behind the centre seat, in the Yeti they can't do this. This was the reason I went for a Roomster and not a Yeti.