Gear shift plate removal

Foxyfour4

My gear shift plate was showing signs of wear so decided to change it for one of Super Skoda's.

post-98203-0-53068300-1380307705_thumb.jpg

I appreciate it's a relatively simple fix but always useful to have some reference.

1/. I used a plastic picnic knife and carefully inserted it between the gear stick and the base of the plate. A little gentle pressure and the plate lifted.

post-98203-0-65918400-1380308775_thumb.jpg

2/. Once it popped out at the bottom it was a case of gently teasing the clips out of the gear stick to fully remove.

post-98203-0-94745400-1380308828_thumb.jpg

3/. Refitting was even easier, position and pop it in!

post-98203-0-25166600-1380308332_thumb.jpg

I'm chuffed with the different design and feel the finish is better than that of the original. :)

• Like 2

I found the same.

Not with the gear knob, but with the vRS logo on the steering wheel of wife's Octavia.

The OE one is made from quite thin aluminium and was dented.

That fitted by two pins which press into the spoke of the wheel about 10mm.

Got the Superskoda one and it's much thicker so no chance of denting it and the profile is a perfect fit in the indent for it.

No fitting pins but strong double sided sticky pad.

Sorted :)