She's here :D :D

Looks great,can't wait to see extreams on her:) seems white estates will be everywhere. Nice well ware.

What u think of it towards the mkll without being biast lol ?

Edited by Davidsr20

Do the door pillars still have tape on them?

I would guess so, otherwise the car is different either side. NS B and C pillars are black, OS being white.

Good spot though.

Looks great,can't wait to see extreams on her:) seems white estates will be everywhere. Nice well ware.

What u think of it towards the mkll without being biast lol ?

Haha I know I'd of probably looked at a different colour if I'd of known when I ordered. Xtreme should look good too in my opinion as much as people seem to have a opinion on the ride (it doesn't bother me at all haha).

To be honest I think it's a different class. I had a irritable rattle in mk2 so maybe I'm biased in that sense but feels more classier. Love the progressive steering and the power response. Also the DAB, Xenons are great. I'm glad to be back in a DSG however I think this contributes hugely to preferring this drive to my manual mk2.

Don't get me wrong the mk2 was a lovely car and I did like mine but I just can't compare the spec of this one to it, feel like iv really come up in the world haha. It's he little things for me like, coming/leaving home lights on it that when turn I a re then xenon, parking sensors which is didn't have either, auto wipers and lights, colour maxidot. It just doesn't compare to me, but as you said I will be biased jut can't see a comparison at all to the bog standard mk2 I had.

The test drive I had in the manual Tdi did to feel much different to my mk2 except a lot smoother and less lag.

Do the door pillars still have tape on them?

They do, as said in thread, dealer didn't touch the car just removed the large white shipping wrap. As I'd prefer to prep the car myself :).

Looks great Rob.  Same thing as I thought about the step up form the mkii.  The lag seems less prominent now in mine, especially in manual mode with the paddles.

Looking forward to seeing it detailed and on the Extremes :)

• Like 1

Looks great Rob. Same thing as I thought about the step up form the mkii. The lag seems less prominent now in mine, especially in manual mode with the paddles.

Looking forward to seeing it detailed and on the Extremes :)

Couldn't agree more, i played with lane assist but abit unsure on it so turned it off not sure i see where its needed as its randomly activates then de activates so not fussed about that haha but everything else is so much better.

Thanks buddy :) will try get some photos tomorrow and hope weather holds off abit. :)

• Like 1

Nice one Rob. Just look out for those potholes once you've got the 19's on! Actually, your feedback on how (if at all) the 19's affect comfort, ride, refinement and handling might be a good idea for a new topic of discussion.

Have a great day in your new car. I'll be picking mine up after lunch today! :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

Nice one Rob. Just look out for those potholes once you've got the 19's on! Actually, your feedback on how (if at all) the 19's affect comfort, ride, refinement and handling might be a good idea for a new topic of discussion.

Have a great day in your new car. I'll be picking mine up after lunch today! :-)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Im not going there again on this forum haha. But happy to share how it is with them on after a few miles on them.

Oh great, enjoy you'll love it

• Like 1

not good. at least it didnt go on a long drive and seize it :(

I know, got a decent length trip planned tomorrow as well, hoping it gets sorted as don't want a repeat performance of my mk2 fabia vrs i had

- upload radio station logo's

Let us know how you get on with this; I've still had no joy with mine, with logos that I have uploaded to presets not working, and a station that I don't use, and isn't set on a preset, coming up with a logo!

Edited by Partist
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more, i played with lane assist but abit unsure on it so turned it off not sure i see where its needed as its randomly activates then de activates so not fussed about that haha but everything else is so much better.

... so everything else is so much better that it dumps gearbox oil over the driveway?!? 

No, seriously, I hope they get to the bottom of it and fix it properly.  If it is from the DSG gearbox, just get the dealers to make sure that any leak hasn't caused any damage that might rear its ugly head a few thousand miles down the road.  

Like others on here, i'm looking forward to seeing it on the 19's and any hearing any review that you can give on them.

• Like 1

They've phoned me, they say its not a big issue at all, apparently a blanking plate on engine has a screw with a copper washer which looks as though its been crushed at factory or somewhere so part is getting delivered tomorrow and fitted.

They didnt include spare wheel on my order form which i asked for so gave me the wheels free and gave a 1.6tdi elegance estate with 3 quarters of a tank so i can go pick my parents up from airport in the morning so fair play to the dealer they are trying to recoup my disappointments.

I always think its best to not go storming in all guns blazing at first. I only went to pick the tax disc up out of my old car haha.

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on with this; I've still had no joy with mine, with logos that I have uploaded to presets not working, and a station that I don't use, and isn't set on a preset, coming up with a logo!

I did attempt earlier but wouldnt let me press the stations so will try tomorrow maybe.

• Like 1