shocks and springs needed soon, recommendations please?!

yeah im well happy with that purchase, just bought new mounts so they will be fitted when im off next week, also won some genuine 18" BBS CH alloys for £140 that need a refurb,

so a good couple of days on old ebay :happy:

Which wheels did you buy for £140?

Its a black vrs. Was even thinking doing them white?

White wheels hmmm.....each to their own I suppose, ull look like a chequered flag lol!

Black on black with the chrome lip would look lovely, assuming u still have the standard chrome grille fitted?

White wheels hmmm.....each to their own I suppose, ull look like a chequered flag lol!

Black on black with the chrome lip would look lovely, assuming u still have the standard chrome grille fitted?

well i'm swinging towards Bright silver or Anthracite I think.

I thought the spring/ damping rates were quite different between golfs etc and octavia ?

Or would this not be that noticeable on the road

can't comment on the springs but bilstein B6/B8 shocks have same part numbers for both Golf and Octavia, only difference is the front hub diameter 50mm or 55mm for the front shocks.

Well my two pence , i have had eibach pros + koni str.t dampers for about four months now. As a budget set up ...it's better than eibachs pro and standard dampers. Very compliant and less pattering. Some might find this set up too soft , but it's excellent for me. Also no difference when loaded compared to standard dampers when loaded. I'm so happy with this set ...cannot complain. As I don't do track days or anything like that ..... could not be happier. :happy:

When mine go, I'll be going Koni top adjustables (presuming they make them for an octy II) and standard springs. Did this on my G60 and it was one of the best riding, best handling cars I've driven and definitely the best I've ever owned. ;)

I've just fitted a Bilstein B12 kit to replace knackered OE shocks with Eibach springs. The OE shocks were so bad it looked like the car was on coil overs. Not too bad as they managed 90k. Incidentally it passed the MOT with flying colours just the week before. I suppose a shiny car made all the difference! I also replaced the strut tops, drop links and rear bump stops plus all the stretch bolts.

As for ride and handling, it has transformed the car. It's firm but sporty firm as a Vrs should be. It goes round roundabouts extremely well and handles our smooth UK roads with ease;-)

I've always used bilstein on my cars so I'm kinda biased. It's a very personal choice and can be an expensive mistake if you don't like your choice. One other thing to consider is your tyres as this may affect the ride. Different compounds and sizes etc.I use Michelin PS3 92Y.

Yup, had a full coilover Weitec kit on my G60 (Hicon TX, I think) and it was the worst ride I've ever known. Ridiculously crashy on even the softest setting and way too hard on any road, although it's probably fantastic on a track. Complete waste of money!

• 2 weeks later...