Winter tyres. Vredestein vs nokian

Fergster

Hi all.

Managed to pick up a bargain set of audi alloys that match the yeti recommended sizes.

I'm looking to fit some winter tyres 215 60 16 and I'm stuck between the vredestein winter xtreme and the nokian wr d3. The nokians seem to have slightly better wet weather performance, both are roughly the same price. Just wondering if there are any fans of either of these tyres that could share their views.

Thanks

I bought the 9-spoke "wineglass" audi alloys, these are 16 x7j et45 which I think is bang on to work with the 215/60 16s. There's 4 nokian wr d3s in the shed waiting to be fitted.

The wheels are at CAS in Bradford being done up in gloss black. If anyone knows of somewhere in the north east (Middlesborough up to berwick) that'll fit the tyres for less than £10 a corner that'd be useful to know.

I bought a set of Nokian d3's in October last year. They were excellent in the bad weather we had and I was still going while neighbours were stuck. In truth I never thought much about them because my 1.2 Yeti just carried on normally through ice, rain and snow! Of course you have to drive according to the conditions - but the same goes with any tyre. 

I got the audi sport alloys off an a4 16 7j et45 which is spot on for the yeti.

This is a great side with info on all audi oem wheels. http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/wheels/15-16-audi-wheels-5x112.htm

Looks like everyone is going for the nokians then :-)

Good find there, my winter wheels are artist alloys apparently.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I've bought a set of 2nd hand Audi alloys off eBay ('Artis' type according to the website linked to above) and then bought a set of Vredestein Xtreme Wintrac (215/60/16 99H) from Oponeo.  I went for the Vredestein's based on local recommendation and online reviews - ordered last Thursday and arrived today.

i have the nokian tyres reccomended to me by the plumber when he had his earlier ones and yes they are very good.

will be fitting them on again at the end of the month,well worth the investment,give me total confidence when out in the white stuff.

michael.

I've bought a set of 2nd hand Audi alloys off eBay ('Artis' type according to the website linked to above) and then bought a set of Vredestein Xtreme Wintrac (215/60/16 99H) from Oponeo.  I went for the Vredestein's based on local recommendation and online reviews - ordered last Thursday and arrived today.

Splooter how did you get on with opoeno? What's your views on the vreds as tyres?

Splooter how did you get on with opoeno? What's your views on the vreds as tyres?

I got my nokians from Oponeo, ordered Saturday night and the courier tried to deliver them Wednesday. I would definitely use them again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

No problem with Oponeo - as I said above, placed the order last Thursday, then had several emails advising me of status updates with my order through to dispatch, then a DPD tracking site to follow them as they made their way from Germany to Scotland.

They only arrived today, and I haven't collected my eBay alloys yet, so can't comment on their use I'm afraid.  Nice looking tyres, but I expect they all are when they are new.  Once I've collected my wheels a local garage will put them together for me for £12 each.

I was thinking of doing the same and buying via oponeo then getting them fitted locally. My local tyre place I has the hankook w310 for £100 a corner which I think is a bit steep.

Bit over the top that price, I paid £125 per corner for the same Hankook and that included the steel rim from Rainworths.

Don't know if "My Tyres" deliver to N/Ireland but they have v/ good prices.

I contacted them as I found their web site bit a confusing but had a job to understand the young lady on the phone ,so e-mailed them told them tyre and rim size I wanted.

They e-mailed a reply a couple of days later with quite a large choice all at very good prices and none of them was mentioned on their website lists probably new stock for winter.

Just a pity that I ordered the previous day from Rainworths.

• Like 1

Don't know if "My Tyres" deliver to N/Ireland but they have v/ good prices.

I contacted them as I found their web site bit a confusing but had a job to understand the young lady on the phone ,so e-mailed them told them tyre and rim size I wanted.

They e-mailed a reply a couple of days later with quite a large choice all at very good prices and none of them was mentioned on their website lists probably new stock for winter.

Just a pity that I ordered the previous day from Rainworths.

Cheers 7029bob I shall give them a try