Discuss peeling spoilers

national

I did not mean to highjack the peeling Skoda Fabia spoilers  sorry

I do wish discussion on it though

I had my car vandalised totally except the spoiler and hatch back

Due to my stupidity, I pointed out to the company appointed by the insurance company, that it was a common fault, so he crossed it off the damage respray list :-)

I should have said I tried to wipe the Nitromos off on the smallest panel of the car and it all came away

(the only consolation I can give myself is it allowed the repair rather than the extra monies could right the car off)

(The RAC Insurance reckoned an 07 SE with 58k fully serviced by SKODA new brake disks, pads, expansion tank, radiator. fully comp with like for like replacement was only worth £3.2k)

I asked them how much to include the spoiler, and was quoted £180 which due already to my  excess I could not afford

I now have an almost full re-spray, except for the spoiler so I am considering a DIY Rattle can or local coach works

I believe it just needs a couple of clear coat or Halfrauds clear lacquer only I have no where to DIY

(No garage or covered area)

Can I DIY using a home made plastic cage to cover between coats and drying off ?

What is anyones best quote for private ?

Would clear lacquer do the job I need

National

Edited by national

I think it would be awkward with other on the car and also I don't think it would last very long gone as it gets weathered from factory so a diy rattle can job probably won't last. I did think about getting good some sticker bomb to go across the top even though I do think like it as I've never tried wrapping and double the idea be able to carbon wrapped it. If I had the choice I'd wrap it as I think it will last longer.

I got my 07 SE done this time last year prior to looking for a new car and getting trade in values - the peeling had been ongoing for about 6 months, and the bits where it had come away were going a different colour - so the place I used asked for £130 pre VAT (so closer to £160). they needed to re-colour the whole thing as well as add the lacquer coat, and they removed the spoiler to do it.

Where do you live?

Fife

I think the prices quoted are ridiculous, for such a small area

I am going to try a couple of coats of lacquer, or polish and wax it

National