Collected Skoda Citigo Sport - strange question re PID

Joe1973

Morning :-)

So I collected my ex-demo Citigo on Friday, and am loving the car.

I have a question though about the PID.

I downloaded Fresh from the web, so that I could update the maps and purchase speed camera warnings, etc.

When I went to update the maps I got the following text screen:

******************************************************************************************

No Latest Maps Guarantee (FS223)

The latest map guarantee for the connected device expired on 2013-04-21

You still have the possibility for buy a fresh maps subscription for 2 years of updates.

******************************************************************************************

This expired before my car was registered, and the device is a Navigon device.

Is it feasible that the dealer has swapped the PID that comes with the Sport for one that was hanging around in the dealership?

Do you reckon I'd be able to get either the one that came with my vehicle, as it was registered on the 6th July 2013 or a new one?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Is it feasible that the dealer has swapped the PID that comes with the Sport for one that was hanging around in the dealership?

i believe that the PIDs do not come with each car but are part of a batch the dealer has to supply as and when they are needed.

don't forget PID is only standard on certain models and optional on others.

from my experience the pid supplied to me did not work correctly so was replaced by another the dealer had in stock. this one failed to work properly with the ASG GEARBOX , unable to display fuel range and mpg. this was finally corrected by a software update .

So the upshot is PID units come separtately form the car so VERY possible to recieve  an out of date unit.

Yeah - my thoughts exactly... But - with it expiring some ten weeks before the car was even registered I'll take it up with the dealer. Even If it was registered when the car was, shouldn't that take me through to July 2015? It is two years worth of map updates isn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

AFAIK The PID will work in any vehicle with the mount, it is not car specific, it only reads info from the canbus etc.

It is preset for Skoda/VW or Seat to display the relevant logo on start up but will go from car to car fine.

Sounds as if yours has been activated/registered online and then never fully updated with the maps etc.

Worth popping into your dealer they will get it sorted or pay for the latest maps, hopefully. My dealer has helped me out with a few niggles and been more than accommodating.

The PID is also part of the car warranty even if it was not standard equipment, my SE had it added and I was advised it was all in the warranty.

Regards

Edited by Defenderben

An update! Spoke to the dealer this morning and no question asked he's ordered me a new PID which will be the garmin unit... Said it should be in in a few days! I'm very pleased! :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk now Free

Edited by Joe1973
  • Like 4