A-pillar trim removal

PAJ1

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen

I have an ex-demonstrator Superb II Elegance with all the extras already fitted.  I intend to keep it until it is used as my funeral car, I like it that much.  The only thing lacking is DAB radio so I have just biught a Sonichi adaptor and Autoleads antenna.

The antenna is the film-type to stick to the glass and I want to attach it to the front windscreen on the left side.  I can easily detach the edge of the trim into the door aperture but the edge to the glass is more difficult.  It needs to come off at least part way because the antenna has a self-adhesive copper strip which needs to be earthed to metal, although I have found that the DAB radio works ok with just laying the antenna on top of the dash.  Also, of course to conceal the wire.

Please can anyone advise me on freeing the trim-to-glass edge of the trim? 

Thanks in advance.

There will be a torx screw behind the airbag trim cap (which removes easily with a flat blade screwdriver) - once removed the pillar should pull off. It has 3 or 4 other clips but these pull off.

Im assuming its the same as an Octavia so apologies if someone corrects me.....

Hope this helps

Thanks Soundwerks.  Bit late/dark/raining now so I will llok in the morning................will let you know if it is so for future reference.

Mine did not have a screw on the A-pillar trim. Just pull it off. As far as I remember, you´re unable to remove the trim completely, due to a piece of plastic meant to hold the trim, if the airbag goes off.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...