clutch options

My 06 tfsi vrs needs its clutch replacing as im getting maHOOOsive slipping when dropping a gear (overtaking etc)

Ive looked at EuroCarParts and they have two options; a LUK kit and a SACHS kit with the latter being more expensive.

Just wondering if theres actually any difference in quality between the two and what would people recommend?

Also while the clutch is removed it makes sense to go one stage further and replace the dmf which is also the same choice of LUK or SACHS both roughly the same price so will just match the brand of the clutch (makes sense?)

Cheers in advance briskodians :-)

I've used LUK for years and love their stuff.  Comes with warrentee and haven't had any problems... This is including usage of their products on a stage 2 remapped Astra not long back, whereby the DMF was replaced aswell.

Note: I'll be replacing the DMF and clutch on my 2.0 TD vRS shortly, and will be going with LuK before handing my car over to Shark Performance for a DPF removal and remap :)

Edited by Mr_James_88

Wow, that is some price difference between the Sachs and LUX even with the discount shown

Note: I'll be replacing the DMF and clutch on my 2.0 TD vRS shortly, and will be going with LuK before handing my car over to Shark Performance for a DPF removal and remap :)

FYI... not sure if you know but http://www.unit20.org/ in Neston is a Shark dealer now? 

Mr_James_88- thats a good piece of mind with the warranty! Mines running stage 1 revo thinking normal clutch should be ok with the slight extra power

Lozparry- yeah there is a fair difference crazy isnt it! Thats why i asked had they been similar price i would have gone with the sachs kit.

Without looking, I imagine that the LUK is similar to the oem clutch whereas the Sachs is probably uprated and can handle more power and torque. When I went stage 2, my oem began slipping immediately. Switched to a Sachs and it's been great.