In the "Felicia 256mm Vented Brakes Upgrade" Technical Guide I notice in Teflon Tom's photo's that the "tin" splash guards that sit behind the discs are removed. Is this necessary? ie do they do any harm? 

I did a test fit at the weekend with a spare hub and found I had to carefully grind away the edge of the guard a mm or two to fit the caliper carrier but otherwise it didn't seem to cause any issues?

Hi, yes I didn't bother fitting them because u had to drill out the retaining bolts and the threads were u/s, it doesn't make a lot of odds if you fit them or not to be honest.. I lean on the side of not fitting them because it makes it easier to remove any stones that find thier way into the caliper

256mm is soo last year, 280mm ftw

• Like 2

Thanks. I doubt 280s will fit under my 14s. Last year is fine fo me, tried and tested and cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

Nah bought from Euro Parts clearance store on Ebay. They quietly shift quite a bit of stuff below their normal  prices.

It was ages ago when I bought them so can't remember the price off the top of my head but they had std felly discs for £9 ea recently.

• 3 weeks later...

i got new disks for mine but not fitted to the fun or rears as yet as mot had time (work) long hours as yet as think i need to pipe past the load sensor been lowered low as well

Uma 1998, you mention the load sensor and bypassing it. I was wondering that as mine is lowered. Surely if the truck is lowered the sensor 'thinks' there is a load in the back and puts more brakeing effort to the back? Is bypassing the load sensor a good idea?

I am running a working rear disk conversion on on slxi conversion and that never had one so going with what works fine with out on that think there is issues with them working on a load valve....

You can use the rear brake pressure regulator valves from an abs model, they just screw into the master cylinder then the brake pipes screw into these. That way you can do away with the load sensitive valve on the rear axle beam.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking to start collecting bits for a brake conversion the callipers you guys use is mk1 mondeo isn't it? is there any difference in the mk1 and mk2 as the mk2's are a little easier to find these days and the brake disc's a kia rio 3 ones arnt they?? cheers.

• 1 year later...