Kermit. Perhaps highest BHP 8v 1289cc Favorit in UK

Favorit Ken

Oh yes Kermit always supprises people. A guy in a Skyliner couldn't believe it's a 1.3. He had 2.6ltrs producing 600bhp but his problem was getting off the line with all that horse power. Out of the 10 runs I won 5 .

Kermit's quicker than my Octavia TDI that does it in about 16 seconds and is 155bhp with 310ftlbs of torque.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Done a bit more to Kermit over the winter i.e. got the roll cage in. Not quite finished it needs some gussets welding on, in places and perhaps some tubes to the front suspension struts.

RC2.jpg

Also I welded in the rear strut brace.

RC1.jpg

• Like 4

Done a single wiper conversion, more for the fun of it really, I suppose it's a little lighter and more aerodynamic. I used  a Citroen AX mechanism, which gives an angle of about 150 degrees. I incorporated the Ax mechanism with the original Favorit one.

Wm1.jpg

Wm2.jpg

Wm3.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Wow! Proper engineering. Absolutely love Kermit.

My daughter has a Favorit the same colour, so I will have to show her this thread. Also gives me some ideas for the Favorit I have lurking at the back of my workshop, although there are plenty of other jobs that take priority at the moment.

Keep up the good work Ken.

Alex.  :bearhug:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done a bit more. Bought this splitter from Czech but had to modify it quite a lot to get it how I wanted it. It's not quite finished but nearly there, just got the finish some brackets and some fibre glassing behind it, where you can't see. Hoping it will help the aerodynamics and also (with the ducting I've put it) the air to the radiator. I have some side skirts to fit as well and I'm gonna make a defuser for the back.  

Split1.jpg

Split2.jpg

• Like 3

You may be right Tom but I quite like it how it is and it's already cost me a fortune in rattle cans and after all it is only a track car that I could easily crash next time out and have to start all over again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As awesome as that bumper and the skirts look. I think i preferred it in standard guise as it had a bit more of the 'sleeper' vibe about it.

Cracking work nonetheless.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whilst down the garden center I found a plant pot which I thought I can use that :

CAI%201.jpg

it fitted perfectly over my Jenvey air filter and with a few other bits you have a cold air induction system :

CAI%203.jpg

Also put some Sierra air vents in the bonnet to let out the hot air from the radiator. Oh and filled the vent for the heater because Kermit doesn't have one so that was just creating drag.

Bon%201.jpg

• Like 1