Bilstein B12's fitted

The FSD damper was designed to work with an OEM spring, first and foremost.

And Bilstein dampers are certainly used in OEM applications too.

as above B6s are fine for original springs so B8s should be fine with OEM sport springs and just forget about the springs if it causes you too many issues as the bilstein dampers are mono tube and will be a significant upgrade even paired with OEM springs

Very true. Just tends to follow the pattern that those who seek better dampening also probably want a shorter, sportier spring to go with it :)

As you say though, B8 or FSD perfectly fine to run with a standard spring, if you're not bothered about ride height or are seeking to achieve sportier, more direct handling.

sorry but as long as you tell the insurance its lowered its covered, no insurance company assessor will be checking part numbers of springs.

If you've got the wrong springs, for a lighter vehicle, then it's going to dive more heavily under breaking and acceleration.

The springs could fail due to the extra load.

For the cost of fitting if the dampers are right, just buy the correct springs

The B12 kit with the Correct spings is so far ahead of the Passat and A3 with sports suspension, I wouldn't personally fit the OEM springs, however OEM or under-rated and it'd be OEM every time.

Edited by cheezemonkhai
  • Like 1

Whether that would ever be discovered in the event of an incident depends entirely on any investigation that took place, and how hard they were looking. In the event of a fatality, for example.

My point exactly - also if the cause of the accident and fatality was deemed to be relating to the incorrect springs being knowingly installed - there is also the possibility of criminal prosecution.

Extreme cases possibly - but you need to be aware of the risk before making the decision to fit incorrectly rated springs - your choice do you roll the dice. (Not suggesting at all that the OP is going to)

If you've got the wrong springs, for a lighter vehicle, then it's going to dive more heavily under breaking and acceleration.

The springs could fail due to the extra load.

For the cost of fitting if the dampers are right, just buy the correct springs

The B12 kit with the Correct spings is so far ahead of the Passat and A3 with sports suspension, I wouldn't personally fit the OEM springs, however OEM or under-rated and it'd be OEM every time.

I'm not planning on fitting this kit until I'm 100% satisfied with the springs, I shall not be using the Bilstein spings and currently unsure about using the OEM springs as I'm contemplating getting some Eibach pro's, seems silly to fit then refit once I've decided on springs.

What engine size are these springs for then and can they be fitted to standard dampers?

Edited by billywhiz040480

Go Eibach pro. Only £130 off eBay.de that's with delivery !!

That will make you b12 kit a total of £370.

Which is a bloody bargain.

PS I bought the same kit as you off eBay and then sourced the eibach springs. Save ££££££££.

I also picked up a whitline 24mm adjustable ARB for PPP £70

Absolutely transforms the car!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kadvr6 I have just been looking at the pictures of your car in the opening post the front looks higher then the back. I bet if you went outside and turned on your headlights they would be lighting up the sky.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

They will physically fit but don't forget about the axle loads up to 1020 front 950 back. Don't know if there are any Octavias' that fall under that category. They are meant for a Audi A3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ok I have been doing some research.

The springs in this kit are made by H&R

if you go to the H&R website they list the same spring set for the Octavia and the A3 they only have two options from 1020kg or up to 1020kg.

also been looking at the TUV certificate that came with the b12 kit and it lists it is suitable for;

audi a3 8p axel weight 1130/1020Kg

golf golf+ 1k 1kp

octavia 1z                     1100/1150Kg

seat altea, toledo 5p    1106/1020Kg.

So it looks like I went and bought the eibach springs for no reason.

Anyone want some cheap H&R springs for front axel weights from 1020Kg ???

Are they the black?

Black springs in the B12 kit are the Eibach pro-kit springs with B8 dampers. They are correctly marked too.

When I organised a group buy, there was not a kit available for the Octavia that came with any other springs, so if it does, there is a chance that they're completely the wrong springs anyway.

They do make a kit that came with lower springs, but this was not something that was made for the Octavia.

I even phoned up Bilstein and mailed them in Germany to confirm at the time.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

Ok I have been doing some research.

The springs in this kit are made by H&R

if you go to the H&R website they list the same spring set for the Octavia and the A3 they only have two options from 1020kg or up to 1020kg.

also been looking at the TUV certificate that came with the b12 kit and it lists it is suitable for;

audi a3 8p axel weight 1130/1020Kg

golf golf+ 1k 1kp

octavia 1z 1100/1150Kg

seat altea, toledo 5p 1106/1020Kg.

So it looks like I went and bought the eibach springs for no reason.

Anyone want some cheap H&R springs for front axel weights from 1020Kg ???

Ummm....how much because I've just bought a B12 kit with front springs for axle weight UP TO 1020kg and I need 1021kg and OVER?

Ur not the guy I messaged on eBay last night are you Dozer because he wanted £100 Buy It Now for the exact same axle weight springs you are offering?

They will physically fit but don't forget about the axle loads up to 1020 front 950 back. Don't know if there are any Octavias' that fall under that category. They are meant for a Audi A3.

Ye I thought they would so I've listed them on eBay but highlighted the fact they are for UP TO 1020kg front axle only.

Not me on eBay mate.

Apologies for the connection, just thought I'd ask.

How much do u want for the front two springs by the way, it will save me forking out £130 for some Eibach Pro's if your reasonable? Also can you confirm they are for axle weight 1021kg and UP? Are they new and how come you don't need them? :-D

The springs are for axle weight FROM 1200Kg

I don't need them because I bought the eibach springs. If I had done my research and looked at the paper work that came with the b12 kit I would of not bothered getting the eibach springs.

The springs are for axle weight FROM 1200Kg

I don't need them because I bought the eibach springs. If I had done my research and looked at the paper work that came with the b12 kit I would of not bothered getting the eibach springs.

Now I'm confuzzled as mine are up to 1020kg and yours 1200kg, how many bloody weight differences are there? Any idea if the higher load rating on yours will effect how low the front will drop, i.e. equal 30mm drop all round or 20mm front and 30mm rear? Edited by billywhiz040480

• 2 months later...

I've also bought the kit with upto 1020 kg but already had eibachs waiting to go in, so after all my conclusions this is fine. Can I ask all of you, when installing did you replace any other bushes I.e bump stops or top poly mounts on installation ? I've got b12 kit, whiteline RARB and WALK and other polybushes to go in but unsure if I need to uprate anything else ?