Fabia Vrs mark 2 oil usage and dsg problems

Cant speak highly enough of Simon at Simpsons skoda preston. He really went the extra mile for me. The extended warranty company pojnt blank refused to put their hand in their pockets for a new engine. Simon went back and forth with various people at the warranty place and SUK, eventually getting me a new engine Paid for by skoda. I bought the car second hand from a ddifferent dealer. Whatever company provides the extended warranty in that situation is a joke. Wouldnt pay for engine or even labour as 'its skodas fault' and couldnt even get them to replace badges with whiteworm. Luckily my new engine has 2years warranty from skoda so thats covered at least if I still have issues.

• Like 3

The thing is Dealerships can be good or bad, and you have to deal with that.

But it is only one SKODA UK

or VOLKSWAGEN AUDI GROUP that are responsible for the Engines, and the components & the Warranty Issues.

& they have not been addressing all customers TwinCharger issues while the cars were within the Original Warranty.

They are the ones that are giving the run around to customers with problems.

It is the Luck of the draw up to now how long you get messed about.

• Like 1

Cant speak highly enough of Simon at Simpsons skoda preston. He really went the extra mile for me. The extended warranty company pojnt blank refused to put their hand in their pockets for a new engine. Simon went back and forth with various people at the warranty place and SUK, eventually getting me a new engine Paid for by skoda. I bought the car second hand from a ddifferent dealer. Whatever company provides the extended warranty in that situation is a joke. Wouldnt pay for engine or even labour as 'its skodas fault' and couldnt even get them to replace badges with whiteworm. Luckily my new engine has 2years warranty from skoda so thats covered at least if I still have issues.

All the rest of the thread to one side, this is the first I heard of you getting the replacement, chuffed for you mate as it was a difficult situation.

Hope they stick a good 'un in there :thumbup::)

Me aswell mate. Was meant to let you know bt completely forgot. Did put it on the final battle thread as I planned to go today with courtesy car anyway but got the car back yesterday. Running weird at the moment but thats another story. After consultation with george ive just to keep an eye/ear on it. (Seems noisy)

Noisy is wrong.

There was one Dealer near to me that cracked a manifold on a member on here's car,

& another, thats exhaust was leaking  after engine replacement & the centre box split off,

The technicians should have picked up on noise if its not right,

You are best to know if its noisier than before the replacement engine.

I can say for sure that the Latest Skoda ECU update on a CAVE is quite a difference.

It makes for an all together smoother running engine.

The 2 year Warranty on the Replacement Engine is surely the right thing,

and what VAG should have done for everyone that had an engine replaced.

well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Been back the dealers today for results on oil consumption. Failed the test and had used a litre and half in the 900 mile I did.

Just proves that the breather pipe and software update they did before is just like a plaster as it worked at first but now no longer works.

Been told they will either replace engine or strip mine down, told my dealer I will accept nothing less than a new engine as I have been jumping through enough hoops over this oil consumption and deserve a new engine rather than these stupid so called fixes and messing about. I have called SUK and reopened my previous case file just got wait for a case handler call me back.

• Like 1

Insist on a replacement engine and make sure you get an additional one warranty on the car. When requesting the warranty extension via SUK emphasise your loss of faith in the brand. Best to do this in writing to whoever is dealing with your case.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The reason i am bumping this is post #65.

I have had a few members asking about 'Official Oil Consumption Tests',

& i have always said be sure to get a copy of the report to see the Weights and Measures as they appear from the Oil Consumption Test.

More CTHE Engines appear to be having high oil consumption,

and it looks like a bit of a fight will be on for some owners that sadly have been landed with Lemons from late 2012 on.

Vorsprung Durch Techik

(learn nothing about coming clean and just keep pretending all is good.)

Please add yourself if you have had an Engine or Gearbox Replaced in a Twincharger & not already in this thread.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/294051-cave-cthe-14tsi-just-reply-please-if-you-have-had-an-engine-replaced

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 1 month later...