Steam Punk. Book/Author suggestions.

curleybar

As title really......

I stumbled on to this genre via a free E Book download ; really enjoyed the tale and now find myself looking for more. Always a difficult task when it's a subject about which you know little.....!

So....any Steam Punk fans out there to guide me in the right direction please...?

The only one I've read was Leviathan by Simon Pulse. Picked it up as a free one (or maybe 99p) on Kindle. It was ok abut a bit of a teen fiction book I think really.

I really like Neal Asher's books and the Altered Carbon series by Richard K. Morgan is really good, but not free.

You could try Micheal Moorcock's Oswald Bastables novels - "Warlord of the Air",  "The Land Leviathan" and "The Steel Tsar" collectively known as 'A Nomad of the Time Streams'  trilogy. It's not strictly "Steam Punk" as it was written before the genre was really established but has many elements of that genre(and time travel.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_of_the_Air

Technically "not Steampunk" due o being written about 100 years to earlier but Jules Verne's "20_000 Leagues Under the Sea", "Clipper of the Clouds" and "Master of the World" will fit.

If you like Manga and/or Anime, "Full Metal Alchemist", and if you like western-style comics, the original "Wild Wild West" stories (not to be confused with the film)...