"Fluttering" Build Weeks

Prog

Collecting my citigo SE on Thursday (17 Apr), ordered it Week 6, so that is 10 weeks from order to delivery for a built to order.  Looking back, it has not been too bad, the dealer has kept me informed and there has been no hassle.

I think we're up to 11 weeks so far and as far as I know it's not yet at dealer, although it has been in country for a week now.

That is a looong time.

When I decided to start looking at new new cars I'd no idea there would be a wait for it. It's kinda cool getting a car built to order from the factory, but assumed that with a relatively cheap small car it would be a case of finding closest match to what you wanted from what was already available from stock.

That is a looong time.

When I decided to start looking at new new cars I'd no idea there would be a wait for it. It's kinda cool getting a car built to order from the factory, but assumed that with a relatively cheap small car it would be a case of finding closest match to what you wanted from what was already available from stock.

I don't think there is a lot of stock except ex-demo cars. Worth waiting for though, to have the car exactly as we wanted it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously brassed off here, and this thread has been an eye-opener. Ordered my citigo sport in wk 3, it was built in wk 11, and I was told to expect delivery in 2-3 weeks. After a month of chasing I rang Skoda UK 2 weeks ago. They swear blind the car had gone AWOL, couldn't be traced in the system, blah, blah, blah. It's now wk 20 the car was to be prioritised last week, with apologies, but still no confirmation that it's ready to be shipped.

The dealer, with intervention of CS has loaned me a car - mine was sold because the new one was due. It's not waiting that's the issue, but they cannot say how long, not even roughly. How long do I give them? It's just a car, nothing special, they make them all time ... or not!

If it was 'completed' on March 18th, when can I expect it? Anyone got any ideas? If they'd said 5 months I'd never have ordered it.

Scuse the rant, but I've spent hours on the phone trying to get the truth and straight answers to simple questions.

Good news! My sport has, theoretically, arrived at Emden and is awaiting a boat. Can't wait. Hope you get news soon too Hellion.

It's here! Well at the dealer hopefully collecting this weekend 18wks wait hopefully worth it

It's a long wait for a new car.  Mine was ordered at the end of March and I'm finally picking it up tomorrow after work.  Actually that's about 8 weeks in total which judging by some of the responses on here is pretty quick...!

I was quoted 9-10 weeks on a basic 5 door S with no options on Saturday. With my previous car just sold, my wife due in 15 weeks and having read actual lead times in here I decided to buy used instead, collect it Saturday :)

8 weeks max I could probably have lived with, but they didn't seem overly confident and presumably will quote best case scenario to get a sale. A victim of their own success, I guess, but they lost a sale there!

I ordered Wednesday 7th of May - picked the car up Friday 9th of May. Can´t believe, that you have to wait so long! Feel sorry for you.

I was so lucky, that the car I wanted was in stock (Citigo Elegance 60 5 doors, Midnight Blue, Elegance GO pack, PID).

Hi all

I ordered my Citigo Elegance Auto in red on February 21st and just picked it up today.  It is lovely.

I was told to expect it end of May, beginning of June, so it is a little early.

The dealer told me he was informed it was in transit last week Thursday, but it arrived late on Tuesday.  It must have taken the scenic route :)

Edited by JooMoo

Sunday for me finically both have a date wonder if they were on the same boat?

Quite possibly, it seems a 'batch' of sports got stuck in the system, built but not finished since mid-March! Looking forward to picking it up.