Daniel's Seat Ibiza Sport PD130

Dann2707

Hi Mate, I've not called yet as my car is in for repair this weekend, so i'll leave it till the new year! Hybrid goodness.... very nice! did you manage to map it?

I didn't yet dude, got the cable through though :D

Merry christmas by the way!!

Very interesting thread. Quite funny too. Will be visiting this thread more in the future lol.

Im in the hybrid club to. Well half in it. Turbo half on :p

Cheers, funny? How so? haha

Did you get an Xman turbo?

Merry christmas Fletch!

Well turbo all bolted on and after alittle test run all ok :)

Yes hybrid 150 off xman. Very nice and runs smoothly. Feels alil more powerful even unmapped (might just be the fact of my manifold being twice the size now its de-coked lol

The fact that most updated have a cuppa somewhere in them made me laugh . And also its like watching blue peter . Heres one a had lying about to hand. That never works for me lol

With my turbo. Everything that could go wrong did :/ but running now

I didn't know he did 150 hybrids?! Link me brutha

Mine feels the same, pulls way harder I reckon. Just more lag and a few flat spots but its still usable.

Glad I made you smile, always a good thing!!  :)

What problems did you run into?

Well. Being so close to cristmas. Everywhere was a rush beforr Christmas break lol.

the elements. . Early nightsm cold. Wet . Windy!!!

As you have recently done your tubo.. know the oil feed pipe . Its like a brake pipe fitting. But that union first bolts onto the turbo... when I come to take the feed pipe off the turbo. .. the bottm of union to turrbo cracked loose. But the union to feed pipe side stayed tight !!! Causing the hole pipe to try and turn. . Had to improvise and use 2 sets of mole grips to firstly hold the actuator rod out the way. Then try amd hold the bottom union still while I cracked off the top nut. !! Wasnt fun.

One of the egr cooler allen keys had been rounded in past .

The amount of coke in the manifold was unreal!! Butter knife and gunk and toothbrush to clean it up

no sign of oil return pipe gasket. So had to male one

forgot few other things now.

But i won in the end. Muhaha ;)

Luckily ive read about clocking a pd150 in the past vuagly. So I crossed that bridge quickly lol.

edit. Just remembered. . Upon rebuilding I noticed my egr to egr cooler pipe had split alil!! On Christmas day ... so had to improvise and make my own egr blanking plate and bolt straight onto exhaust. . Working upto now lol

Edited by fletch101
  • Like 1

Thanks dude, got to make the most haha.

Why so about the 2260? Did you change from a hybrid pd130?

Yup, had a hybrid pd130 (old one) which I've now changed to a full blown 2260 (with ported head, race cam, etc).

Hybrids are great - I really enjoyed mine but became addicted to more power and slippery slope and all that :)

• Like 1

Well. Being so close to cristmas. Everywhere was a rush beforr Christmas break lol.

the elements. . Early nightsm cold. Wet . Windy!!!

As you have recently done your tubo.. know the oil feed pipe . Its like a brake pipe fitting. But that union first bolts onto the turbo... when I come to take the feed pipe off the turbo. .. the bottm of union to turrbo cracked loose. But the union to feed pipe side stayed tight !!! Causing the hole pipe to try and turn. . Had to improvise and use 2 sets of mole grips to firstly hold the actuator rod out the way. Then try amd hold the bottom union still while I cracked off the top nut. !! Wasnt fun.

One of the egr cooler allen keys had been rounded in past .

The amount of coke in the manifold was unreal!! Butter knife and gunk and toothbrush to clean it up

no sign of oil return pipe gasket. So had to male one

forgot few other things now.

But i won in the end. Muhaha ;)

Luckily ive read about clocking a pd150 in the past vuagly. So I crossed that bridge quickly lol.

Christ, sounds like you had it bad. I feel pretty lucky now haha. Are you using the original vac pipe to the actuator on the turbo? Mine feels a tad loose. Might secure it tighter with a tiny jubilee clip if they do them that small?! 

You should have used caustic soda in your manifold mate, made mince meat of my carbon deposits. Not actual mince meat though, that'd be weird but delicious.

Yup, had a hybrid pd130 (old one) which I've now changed to a full blown 2260 (with ported head, race cam, etc).

Hybrids are great - I really enjoyed mine but became addicted to more power and slippery slope and all that :)

Oh **** sounds good dude. Hows the airtech holding up for you? Still good?

Hopefully this will last me for a while yet, I managed to get £170 for my old turbo so ended up paying only £185 for this hybrid in that sense!

I'll be mainly focusing on handling mods after the power I think, doesn't like to go round corners that well. Brakes are incredible though for some reason, literally have to tap the pedal and i'm slung forward.

Before

post-102567-0-03593500-1388005319_thumb.jpg

after

post-102567-0-26620500-1388005429_thumb.jpg

Quick think with a propper hot choc..

post-102567-0-21514200-1388005465_thumb.jpg

my left hand holds the actuator down out the way.. my left hand holds the bottom union with mole grips and my right hand works the spanner.

post-102567-0-40118100-1388005376_thumb.jpg

Oh and before I tried to start. A quick turn over with glow plugs out. Amd good job too.

4 full cylinders of oil =

post-102567-0-92066000-1388005649_thumb.jpgpost-102567-0-92066000-1388005649_thumb.jpgpost-102567-0-92066000-1388005649_thumb.jpg

Christ, sounds like you had it bad. I feel pretty lucky now haha. Are you using the original vac pipe to the actuator on the turbo? Mine feels a tad loose. Might secure it tighter with a tiny jubilee clip if they do them that small?! 

You should have used caustic soda in your manifold mate, made mince meat of my carbon deposits. Not actual mince meat though, that'd be weird but delicious.

Oh **** sounds good dude. Hows the airtech holding up for you? Still good?

Hopefully this will last me for a while yet, I managed to get £170 for my old turbo so ended up paying only £185 for this hybrid in that sense!

I'll be mainly focusing on handling mods after the power I think, doesn't like to go round corners that well. Brakes are incredible though for some reason, literally have to tap the pedal and i'm slung forward.

Airtec is great. Massively improved. To the point I don't think it will ever be a bottleneck, there's just so much throughput capacity with that with the big piping. I am currently getting a whining whistling sound though - think there might be a small leak.

The thing with hybrids and bigger turbos is you start pushing so much air that any leaks or weak points are quickly exposed. I think I'm on about 2.2 - 2.3 bar at the moment.

That's over 30 psi! Absolutely mental, how are you finding traction with that power?

I was wondering whether to alter the front end a bit on mine, remove the bit where the number plate is and get a smaller plate made up to the right a bit like this. A bit like the widemouth mod people do on their fabias!

What do you think? Something like this, i'm probably just finding things to do. If it genuinely won't help and looks **** let me know. I sometimes get carried away and need a reality check haha

ValKzMb.jpg

Ive cant help but just make a map up for mine with 1.75 /2.65 bar . Providing all is well when I run vdcs and do some logs. Illvbe trying it out ;)

But cambelt. Water pump and sump to be changed first ..

think tomorrow will be new sump fitting on mine. Along woth checking for leaks. Cleaning up engine bay. Then while the sealer sets. Ill give the black beast a good clean. Keep threatening to polish it upand maybe even put a coat of autoglym high def wax . But ive been threatening that for months lol .

Liking the look of the new front end. But remember. The less you do to the looks. The more sleep appeal it will have ;)

• Like 1

Is this with guidance from Faboka? As I need to adjust mine I think. Using vcds to get the actuator logs it's only showing a difference of 50mbar when it should be 130-150mbar. 

I said to John that my vacuum pipe from the N75 to the diaphragm on the turbo is a little loose so it might be losing pressure there.

But probably needs setting up via the actuator rod screw anyway, how many turns did you turn to get it feeling right?

Hahaha at the locking wheel nut, at least you got it sorted though. I once did that with an allen key under the engine, heard it go flying off down my road. Some school kid probably has it now, probably made his day finding a sexy lil allen key

That's over 30 psi! Absolutely mental, how are you finding traction with that power?

I was wondering whether to alter the front end a bit on mine, remove the bit where the number plate is and get a smaller plate made up to the right a bit like this. A bit like the widemouth mod people do on their fabias!

What do you think? Something like this, i'm probably just finding things to do. If it genuinely won't help and looks **** let me know. I sometimes get carried away and need a reality check haha

ValKzMb.jpg

Traction is "fun" :)

Well, if the road is damp, I still get wheelspin in third, and pulling away in first is sometimes tricky: the big injectors tend to not vaporise the diesel so well at low revs so there's very little torque under 1200-1300rpm. To pull away quickly, I have to give it more gas, but then if I get near the 2000rpm, it takes off. I now sympathise with F1 drivers trying to get the biting point right on starts :D

Maybe it's the wide-ish angle of the photo, but I like the look - with the uncluttered central part, it makes the bonnet longer than in real life, almost dodge viper like :)

Oh and re wheel nuts, I once lost one and only realised that the whole weel was about to fall off after I stopped due to some strange vibrations whilst driving along - the remaining four bolts were rather loose :o I've learnt my lesson and now always double-check proper torque settings when putting wheels back on!

That sounds like a lot of effort haha, but fun! Would be interested in seeing a vid of it driving if you've got one?

I think i'll do another photoshop from a different angle and under the influence of less amount of beer haha

Today I fitted a new vac pipe as mine was too big for the new turbo diaphragm 

11626442724_d9bcebed62_b.jpg

Fits much better!

..does it work much better though?

I didn't feel it made a difference for now, but with the previous vac pipe I could blow down it and hear air escaping ever so slightly but with this now it's fully sealed shut. 

Top thread Dann

How wrong was i thinking that the RARB was the only mod you were doing ha ha.

Fair play for getting stuck in.i know lots of non enthusiasts would not see the point in it all, you got the car cheap & the parts you've replaced looked pretty well like they needed replacing so no great waste is it.

Will you be adding the RARB to the thread, interested to hear how you squished it on, did you use ratchet straps to squeeze it in before lining up & did you use any particular grease on the mounting points?

Cheers

Nog