The Superb II & FL Picture thread

Dad's 62plate Elegance with refurbished alloys and new black/chrome centre caps. Also quick shot of my Dezent 18" winter wheels on his Superb to keep him mobile while work was done! He's very happy with the result and still waiting for the new black/chrome bonnet/boot badges to arrive.:D

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey All, 

So I joined an kinda went poof again , quick update, 1st year of college done , over 20 000km on the Superb since November , 1 service, timing belt replacement, 4 new tyres , new front discs and pads. The car is amazing , 1200km weekly round trip along with trips away camping an mountain bike duties and not a bother to it . Was all plans to make it into a scout but to be honest there is no need, it is a very impressive machine. We had a bad blast of snow in spring an I barley noticed it when I was driving with 4x4 system. I'm a converted Skoda man now. 

IMG_20180724_220803_195.jpg

20180321_131612.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/08/2018 at 15:34, G2enn said:

Hey All, 

So I joined an kinda went poof again , quick update, 1st year of college done , over 20 000km on the Superb since November , 1 service, timing belt replacement, 4 new tyres , new front discs and pads. The car is amazing , 1200km weekly round trip along with trips away camping an mountain bike duties and not a bother to it . Was all plans to make it into a scout but to be honest there is no need, it is a very impressive machine. We had a bad blast of snow in spring an I barley noticed it when I was driving with 4x4 system. I'm a converted Skoda man now. 

IMG_20180724_220803_195.jpg

20180321_131612.jpg

Don't be giving us MkII Superb drivers a bad reputation by driving around with your sidelights and front lights on all of the time :D

• Like 1

I normally don't,  I did in the forestry pic , it took me a month to realise when the lights are on auto the spots on the bottom light up with the direction of the steering wheel I kept thinking  id blown a bulb :biggrin:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/07/2018 at 08:35, tommyhsu said:

I've recently finish changing my rims, rims profile are 19" 8.5J ET35 for all 4 wheels. Tyre profile is 235/35/ZR19. Just for reference.

Photo 2018-5-28, 22 21 40.jpg

Photo 2018-6-16, 09 53 30.jpg

Photo 2018-6-16, 09 53 57.jpg

Photo 2018-6-16, 09 54 17.jpg

That looks excellent! You seem to have changed a few times already this year - did you have any problems with rubbing etc? I'm thinking of going for an 8Jx18" but have 4x4 so need to keep the same size all round.

Cheers,

Steve

53 minutes ago, spk said:

That looks excellent! You seem to have changed a few times already this year - did you have any problems with rubbing etc? I'm thinking of going for an 8Jx18" but have 4x4 so need to keep the same size all round.

Cheers,

Steve

8j will be fine, rubbing problem depends on what wheel size you use. I'm using 8.5j with 235/35/19 without any problem.

BTW, you should also notice about the ET size of the rim. Normally ET size between 30 and 55 is OK, otherwise you may need spacers to avoid damage to the suspension.

9 minutes ago, tommyhsu said:

8j will be fine, rubbing problem depends on what wheel size you use. I'm using 8.5j with 235/35/19 without any problem.

BTW, you should also notice about the ET size of the rim. Normally ET size between 30 and 55 is OK, otherwise you may need spacers to avoid damage to the suspension.

Great, thanks for the reply! Yep I was keeping an eye on the ET.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, Adamos20 said:

My 2014 1.6tdi greenline on 18inch L&K wheels with 225x40x18

Great looking car in silver with those wheels and the black trim.

You're also a brave man combining the lowered Greenline suspension with those (lovely) but big 18" Sirius wheels.  I hope your local roads are nothing like mine!  :tongueout: