Silicon tip any good?

Kevvrs

Is there any gains to be had from a silicon tip I've heard there a bitch to fit I've replaced every hose on the car apart from the tip but is it worth changing apart from looks?

Well worth doing if you get a supersize TIP!

SFS do a supersize TIP as do R-Tech!

Forge and Creation motorsports TIPs are not so effective,still an upgrade but won't give the same flow as a full 70mm KO3 supersize!

Creation is actually worse than stock !!!

Sfs is the only way

I managed 235/300 at R-Tech on a stage 2 custom with a CM TIP. However, when I bought/fitted it I didn't know of the poor design flaw. Still, does flow just not as well as Forge/SFS

yep second that was exactly the same advice r tech gave me u will lose power with a creation motorsports tip only way is sfs

It's worse than standard buddy so no point anyone buying one !!!

Got any back to back evidence to show this?!

I'm not defending it, if I knew about it what I know now I wouldn't have bought it however I only paid £50 for it.

I'm just curious as to its performance compared to a standard TIP, if it's *that* much worse and I'll make more power with standard then I'm better off re-fitting a standard one...

Edited by Phil-W

yep second that was exactly the same advice r tech gave me u will lose power with a creation motorsports tip only way is sfs

I was told the same when R-Tech mapped my car but in comparison to a Forge/SFS item, I was/have never been told that the CM one performs worse than a standard TIP though :confused:

I was told the same when R-Tech mapped my car but in comparison to a Forge/SFS item, I was/have never been told that the CM one performs worse than a standard TIP though :confused:

my car was only stage 2 about 6 weeks ago and as they said 233 was good without a tip i said i had agreed to purchase a creation one off here which is when they said to me my car would not have made 228 with the creation on better to stick with standard than buy a cm one

That's interesting.. My Stage 2 made 235/301 with the CM fitted.

Not that I would want to go back to a standard one, SFS would be the choice however I'm happy with how the car now performs so I'll keep the £120 odd in my back pocket.

Someone needs to do back to backs.. Std vs. CM vs. Forge vs. SFS

Edited by Phil-W

Results anywhere? Wonder what CM would have to say about it!

Niki did offer when I had my remap done to go back and buy a SFS and they would fit it and run back to back tests. Intended to go back and get it done but kept putting it off and now I've lost interest lol!

115 of eBay don't come up if u put turbo intake pipes put silicon pipes for octavia vrs and it comes up then

Not for the super size one they are 140 on EBay buddy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350721392659?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D350721392659%26_rdc%3D1&clk_rvr_id=537645308247

the one for 115 is the std size TIP

Wondering how do these fit to turbo as standard has a metal clip take it the over size one fits over the top of turbo intake with jubilee clip?

Yes all the silicon tips fit with a jubilee clip. The oversize TIP is still the same diameter at the turbo jubilee clip end as per all silicon TIPs.

It is only at the point the TIP goes upwards at the bend off the turbo, that it is considerably bigger.

Sent from my Samsung S3