joes budget build

eggessford

Gosh, and you didn't come to me?  :D

you are more than welcome to come down the sea front tomorrow and polish it for me if u like lol

I thought semi synthetic oil in a vag 1.8t is a no no?

its fine, i change it regularly. i think its more prone to 'sludging' but apart from that cant see it being a problem

you are more than welcome to come down the sea front tomorrow and polish it for me if u like lol

I'll be working down Exmouth seafront, but pushing a pen, tapping a calculator and using a computer I'm afraid. ;)

I'll be working down Exmouth seafront, but pushing a pen, tapping a calculator and using a computer I'm afraid.  ;)

sounds exciting lol, im working down on mamhead slipway as the sea has washed out underneath it and left a massive void

one of the coil packs decided to pack up over the weekend, had to get one from a vw dealer near work £35! thieving ****ers.

bought a tatty bumper with the widemouth mod already done, added some mesh yesterday and stuck it on the car today

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1471802_10202608409441217_565553800_n.jpg

looks a bit ****e as in my haste i used guttering silicone which doesnt go off lol, so got crap everywhere. ive got my other (mint) bumper in the garage and some better quality mesh so i can do it again properly, just needed to get this done before its mapped on friday.

took the chome part of the grill off to colour code, will add a pic when its done

got the interior out this morning and took out the carpet

occyint.jpg

right pain in the arse to get the carpet out, but the new one went straight in

occyint2.jpg

then got the lcr seats fitted

occyint4.jpg

occyint3.jpg

and the colour coded grill back on

occygrill.jpg

just waiting for my new badges to on and thats probably it till christmas. (apart from mapping)

got a fault code today p1296 so will replace both coolant temp sensors tomorrow.

Booked in at badger 5 on friday morning so will post up the graph when i get home

• Like 1

no the vrs seats didnt have airbags just a wire on the drivers seat for the seatbelt clasp, bonus really as now i dont get the 5 bongs every time i start the car, wish id known that before i would have unplugged it lol

i would say get them mate i prefer them to any other mk4 platform seats ive sat in, seem a bit wider than the audi recaros i had in my a3 and certainly much better than the crap skoda put in

Edited by eggessford

no the vrs seats didnt have airbags just a wire on the drivers seat for the seatbelt clasp, bonus really as now i dont get the 5 bongs every time i start the car, wish id known that before i would have unplugged it lol

i would say get them mate i prefer them to any other mk4 platform seats ive sat in, seem a bit wider than the audi recaros i had in my a3 and certainly much better than the crap skoda put in

Think ill have to source some they look good and the Skoda ones do my head in keeping em clean.

been to badger 5 today! 183 bhp on the first run 219.5 on the last, loads of torque though pulls really well

dyno2.jpg

dyno.jpg

dyno5.jpg

dyno3.jpg

cant recommend badger 5 enough, really nice people, nearly 4 hours and about 10 dyno runs until bill was happy with the delivery. Well worth the wait the car pulls so well now, Torque FTW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...