joes budget build

eggessford

great day today, the car decided to lower itself by snapping one of the front springs, and the alternator belt snapped. luckily i was close(ish) to TPS, so got the belt on within a few minutes of it snapping.

just ordered prosport coilovers from dpm and vito drop links off ebay so hopefully in a few days the car should be looking good.

just arbs and door cards left to buy now

• 2 weeks later...

Coilovers are being fitted Monday, and everything that comes off is being re bushed. Will put some pics up when it's lowered.

Just bought myself a navara twin cab for 'work' so debating whether to keep the Octy or replace it with an s3 or tt as I don't really need the extra space. Problem is unless I can find someone to trade with im either going to have to return it to standard or lose loads of money

Decisions decisions

• 2 weeks later...

Coilovers are on, along with new top mounts and lower arm bushes. all other bushes look like they have been replacd so left them as they are for the minute

dropped1.jpg

dropped2.jpg

dropped2.jpg

dropped.jpg

looks a little bit ass heavy, but the rears are as high as the coilovers will allow! not impressed to be honest i would have liked to have it sat a little higher at the rear. Doesnt rub though, and ride is really good, probably due to the coilovers being fully extended. Next job is to tidy up the front end with a new bumper, plate, better mesh, re-paint the grille, fly eyes for the lights and replace osf indicator housing. Then possibly tint the windows, and some hydrodipping for the dash trims

Aha, yes I need the osf indicator mate if it's available. If so could you put it to one side for me and Il come round next time im in Exmouth?

Unfortunately you will need to win the pair to get your mitts on them.  Sorry.  Happy to hang on to them though.  OSF does have mount damage though to the plastic neck connecting piece.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141182831400?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...