Start up Problems with Mac Book Pro....

Auric Goldfinger

The MacBook Pro is portable so he can always take it with him to someone or somewhere where he has access to a PC, laptop, netbook, tablet or smartphone. Failing that, I am sure Auric can arrange to send him a printout of the link, or even talk him through what needs doing - assuming that both have phones. HTH. ;)

how will he read it if his mac book won't start up?  :wonder:

He has an iPhone 5s, Mac Book Pro, an iPad and a 27" iMac,  I'm sure he'll get the link......Oh!! .....Hang on he's just bought the new Mac book Air

More money than sense. Asked why he must have every thing his reply was " Cos I can "

• Like 2

Hold down Cmd-D (I think that's the one) and start it up.

This will allow access to a 'diagnostics' partition from where you can run Disk Utility to scan the HD and check for damage, possibly repair it and other things as well.

he and you are welcome.

I too have an apple obsession, mac book pro, iMac, iPad, iPhone, iPod and so on, even the odd golden delicious...

Me also, iMac, iPad & iPhone.

Granny Smiths for me, none of that French CRUD  :sick:

I'm apple obsessed too!

Can I suggest to everyone that you get Apple care as you more than likely will need it if you keep a computer for over a year. Problem with apple now is that they don't change just a broken part, they change the whole lot. I.e if the screen goes, you get a whole new top lid, not just the LCD display.

I've had a few MacBooks now, my parents have them and my sister does. We've all either used, or wish we had apple care on the machines!

I'm a student so I get 15% off laptops and 75% off apple care ;)