Craig's vrs (slow build) family car project

Craig85

love the rear lights!! you may be doing mine soon :giggle:

the fronts i like but looking a little dodgy with silver grill and silver wheels :giggle: and standard ride height for that matter,and would probably look even better with a nice fmic sticking out!! then of course your going to need noise to suit the look so exhaust!! now you have all that might aswell go stage 2 :p

Ah well they rears was quite straight forward really, just a bit of fine trimming.

Well everything you said is on the wanted list. I really want to get the grill done black, new badges in black and red, wheels will be re furbed in a anthracite or similar and I am looking at coilovers as we speak.

Exhaust is a definite as the car is way too quiet as it is, far too silent. Will prob be going non res so can get it popping a bit more too ;)

It unfortunately is going to take a little time as funds are not allowing a quick progression at the mo.

Keeping eyes peeled for a cheaper exhaust 2nd hand aslong as in good condition but I'm doubting that will happen.

Front mount would be awesome but its probably going to be the last thing to be done as the other bits will benefit me more for now.

Cheers for the compliment though Lloyd :)

was ment as a joke more than get on it lol

non res for sure!

erm were you calling me Lloyd?? i know i copied his car but i drew the line their :giggle:

Ah yeah, I just realised that I totally co*ked up there :( my total and utter bad. In fairness though you have copied a fair bit lol.

It was I saw a pic of the car and had been looking at other messages and, you know what I will say I'm sorry now. Not going to make excuses lol.

I just didn't read properly.

Well after driving the car again the front lights are appalling at night so may have to reconsider the tint :(

Also been given some other news about the car that may slow things down, needs tyres all round and soon as old and 3 are out of shape. New there was something up but that's a bit of a blow. And also the oil cooler looks slightly out of shape as in the oil filter was previously done up very very tight and looks like has caused damage.

It's all things that mean the modding will now take a back seat as need to prioritise again :(

More costs ontop of the arms, bearings & battery that all need doing too. I know not all excessive but when you have no money coming in I wasn't expecting to need to pay out so much on these bits as was bought as a reliable base.

Spose could be worse though but just need to get things sorted in order now before I can play.

apology accepted  :D  :D 

yeah but ive changed it alot now!! im the master now (the stars wars quote cant remember it lol)

plus cant go wrong look like a Lloyd rep :D

im selling some nice white alloys with spanking new tyres you should buy them :p

wtf how tight can you do an oil filter up??????? pics as that seems nuts :D

Haha, thanks for the acceptance.!

No I suppose you can't I wrong for it looking very similar, even if yours is now surging ahead in the power wars :D

Like I said I just scan read and posted which hopefully teaches me to really concentrate before posting next time.

I have seen the wheels, in all honesty I'm undecided in them as I usually like chunkier spokes or fewer but you never know. All depends how much a full set of rubber going to cost for the spiders :(

May be I'm touch for the wheels yet but all depends on cash for now.

I haven't seen the cooler in fairness, I was told this by my buddy who did the service for me as couldn't do it on my driveway in its current condition plus I wanted him to give it a proper once over to which he found the issues mentioned above.

He said it was a reasonably common thing? But as this is my first vag group car, I've never heard of it before.

Will see if I can get anything tomorrow and post something up as I have no idea at the mo.

Just want it to go nicely and be reliable but at the same time be fun as I hate standard cars and get very bored very easily.

:angel:

as long as im the fastest red one then good times :giggle:

they do grow on you,best thing is their new wheels and tyres 750 new so deal!!! will do them silly cheap i think as i want them gone :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

seems impossible ive never heard of it happening,where abouts in essex are you ill be over in a few days picking of some new rims :devil:

Well I don't ever think ill be tempting to knock you off the fastest red perch lol. Ill be happy if I can get it to the 230 region in honesty. Just a playful amount would be nice.

Well I'm having to call round a few places for rubber so will see what they can do in that front too.

I'd never heard of it but aparrantly it is a common thing, he did refer to golfs more but same setup really so would've thought would have sen the same issues if was a common one but I don't have a clue in honesty.

I'm in Eastwood, just a little way before you get to Southend. Prob nowhere near where you'll be getting the wheels from but you never know.?

What ones you getting????

haha. stage 2 is awesome fun and is alot faster than most cars that are around. clios saxo breadvans bah

tempting to just sell my tyres lol

is news to me lol seems so impossible

Halstead so a little out the way although dont know essex that well tbh

bbs split rims for the bimmer

Haha, well with that power you would hope to be quicker than those guys.. I loved it with my mg when the Saxo and Clio boys especially the 182s used to try to give you a go, didn't expect the v6 to go as well as it did :)

I'm sure you will sell them bud, as I said I may well be interested but at present its the better buy cheaper option I need to go for I'm my current situation. I will let you know once I've had a price for some boots though ;)

Halstead isn't too far to be honest, not exactly on my doorstep no but not too far away. Bbs's splits, tasty.!

Where about are you then?

Ha that's fair enough. When pushing big power it's just funny when they still want a go but then you get the ones that just want you to put your foot down so do it for the reaction lol.

Yeah mine was getting into the 210hp region which was good for one of those, usually around the 190s with mods but mine as the guys said was obviously just a very good block too which was helped by the mods.

Fair dos, nothing wrong with not wanting to do that journey although for me its another excuse for a drive :D

I'm not totally sure where that is to be honest, I'm rubbish with areas and exact locations :(

Right well I had already ordered up some bushes before yesterday's news about other things needing doing and this morning I recieved a package.

Look a decent quality bush in all honesty, got them on recommendation from my Vw guy.

Floflex poly bushes

null_zps62b0c3fb.jpg

null_zpsa1f36bdd.jpg

See if this helps the really slack lower arm bushes when they get fitted over the next couple of weeks with the bearings.

Ha that's fair enough. When pushing big power it's just funny when they still want a go but then you get the ones that just want you to put your foot down so do it for the reaction lol.

Yeah mine was getting into the 210hp region which was good for one of those, usually around the 190s with mods but mine as the guys said was obviously just a very good block too which was helped by the mods.

Fair dos, nothing wrong with not wanting to do that journey although for me its another excuse for a drive :D

I'm not totally sure where that is to be honest, I'm rubbish with areas and exact locations :(

oh yes cant wait,hopfully ill run in to a few stage 2 octys and show them what speed is :p

ah sounds like a beast any pics?

lol i hate driving so ill stick with i cba :giggle:

lol tut tut

oh yes cant wait,hopfully ill run in to a few stage 2 octys and show them what speed is :p

ah sounds like a beast any pics?

lol i hate driving so ill stick with i cba :giggle:

lol tut tut

Just showing off now aren't you lol.. :p

Here ya go..

353abe89.jpg

7145bb91.jpg

3599C61E-8755-48D6-8DF9-BDFB468DD500-680

B9BD01E3-661F-4893-BED5-2E5055CB5C93-991

4AB0F6CE-28F8-4605-8EE9-1BA28118383F-991

0421727E-70A1-492A-837B-7BBE8201F04B-104

afaf7192.jpg

Just realised after putting all of these I'm that I've now officially posted more pictures of my Mg than my Octavia on my Octy build thread lol :D :D :D

Does beg the question of why do all that to your Octy with the "i hate driving" ironic quote then given in here lol

Edited by Craig85

all part of the fun :giggle:

never realised that got the v6 was thinking of the next one up,cant think of any mg names top of me head lol

bet it sounded mega with that filter. lol more octy pics needed

dont have to like driving to like building cars do you  :angel:  spend hours on the road at work so cba with it  :giggle:   my octy does move less than Lloyds :giggle:

Yeah did sound awesome. Got a video of it on one of my acounts where it sounded mental screaming up to 7200rpm. Very very loud at those revs lol.

I do miss it but hopefully ill find my feet with the skoda too.

No I guess that's fair enough buddy, you do t need to enjoy driving to enjoy modifying cars, helps though as you tend to enjoy the mods more because of it :)

nice!! cant beat turbo sounds the v6 will so be a distant meormy once you start wooshing blowing and fluttering :think:

yea true i do enjoy it most times i go out,just to many plebs :wonder:

think ive pushed mine further than ive driven it :giggle:

Whats next craig matey

Well at present I'm toying with what is my best option with the car. Just found out it needs new brakes all round, new tyres all round as although they look ok, when up I'm the air the tread is cracking and one I'd very low on the centre and them the two rears are actually misshaped so again need changing.

Possibly needs new bearings but that's not a definite as could be the tyres that are causing the noise.

Oil cooler could do with replacing and then the diverter seems to not be holding boost much now which is fun.

Then the car has now knocked over 125k on it and I'm just unsure if its wise to start modding it and causing more issues that's going to be an endless pain on my ass.

I ideally want to get the bits sorted then get it lowered, a good d/v with uprated tip and then exhaust of stainless variety.

Once that's done get a map if the engines strong enough and then enjoy driving like that for a while but its all a wait now until I can defies to do the important stuff or needs now :(

nice!! cant beat turbo sounds the v6 will so be a distant meormy once you start wooshing blowing and fluttering :think:

yea true i do enjoy it most times i go out,just to many plebs :wonder:

think ive pushed mine further than ive driven it :giggle:

Oh I know, I've had 3 other petrol turbos before but all Mg/Rover and then a td too.

Do love the sounds of a boosting turbo followed by wastegate flutter and chatter. Gorgeous sound. Would love to have the Octy flutter like that.

The V6 just sounded so mean, even my mate who loves his Cupra R would want to drive mine of we were out as it was just so aggressive with the power, just didn't let up. Wasn't the fastest thing out there by any means but it surprised people with what it could do.

Well I'm hoping that mine with be on the road more than being in bits this time :)

get that dv blocked :giggle: flutter time :devil: thinking about not running run on new tubby think its all a myth,plus if it did blow bigger turbo so win win lol

only ever had 4pots so cant comment lol

lol hopefully you will have to get it down prept in the new year :hi:

If I honestly knew it wouldn't so damage I would block it off then and give it a try, but if it does cause something to go pop I'm knackered so prob best not try it I'm my position.

My Montego used to flutter like a right old fluttery thing. A proper wastegate that sounded the nuts.

I will be down Prept I'm the new year, see what more it makes me want to spend lol.

I'm a sucker for a V8 in fairness, hence my wedding car I've got for march. Can't beat a big block V8 especially when it's Blown.!!! ;)

I just keep reading the build threads and taunting myself at present. You guys are evil on here ;D lol