So what do we think of Rio Red Vrs

The pics make it look a bit 'drug dealer bronze' but in the metal I expect it would look a lot better. With the sun shining on it, the look might be quite nice. 18" wheels might help it look less bling.

I think i saw a Rio Red vrs today and I must admit I did not like it. It was a sought of orangey/red being neither one colour or the other. Some will like it and some like me will not (as some have suggested, marmite) but that is what makes us all different.

• Like 1

I've got an Elegance in Rio Red and it's much more of a brick red in the flesh. It does have a really nice glow to it on the odd occasion that the sun shines on it though.

I think it looks good on a 'standard' model (S/SE/Elegance), but I don't think it is bold enough for a VRS. I think the Corrida Red is a better match.

Edited by spacenase

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice to be different!! Who wants a colour everyone else has, I have a race blue which is lovely but everybody has this colour now that's why I've changed it looks nothing like this picture it's much more vibrant in real life and totally different especially with the black pack and red upholstery when the sun hits it it pops looks way more exciting than corrida red, reds red at the end of the day.

My Rio Red TSI vRS has reached the UK. I will try to get some decent photos posted ASAP.

I agree with Xchillyx, I to had a blue mk2 fl, but everyone and their dog has one now (that or white) so I went for the unknown colour just to be different. I also had a yellow mk1 but the new yellow is to bright, otherwise I would have gone yellow again.

• Like 1

I look forward to seeing your pictures BB, mine is ready to set sail so hopefully should have it next weekend what did u get extras I went for Kessy, Black pack, and the Canton sound says yet this is my 3rd vrs and I also bought a wee Monte Carlo Fab for the wife she loves it so do I SKODA all the way all these badge snobs nothing but fools.

And your colour is ........ Race Blue. How novel.

Baa, baa, come by Shep. :-)

Here we go again, lets have a go at the 'lowly' Elegance owners cos we've been allowed to pick one of the best colours in the range. I assume you are implying that I am following the masses but in actual fact it may end up quite rare seen as most MkIII vRS's now seem to be white, grey or red. Anyway, I didn't actually say that I didn't like Rio Red, it just reminded me of a Mk I colour that one of my work colleagues used to own around the time I had my MkI 4x4, so I thought I'd share my reminiscing with a pic nicked off google. Anyway, time for Shep to Get Back and go for a Lie Down. Woof woof!

I apologise if I have upset you. It wasn't a dig at Elegance owners. We are all one happy brand.

It was my attempt at saying that the majority of all types of mk 3 appear to be white, blue or corrida red.

I am in no position to talk about colours having once been the owner of a sickly green Estelle back in the 90s (but it did only cost £50 so I can't complain).

Once again I apologise to all on this site if I have caused offence.

• Like 1

White is one one colour I've seen the most often out on the road. Other than that, brown, grey, silver, corrida red and race blue are the only other colours I've come across and mainly at the dealers.

Hold my hand up as another orderer of white but it's free and the 495 saved on paint has bought me a winter pack and a good chunk of a colour maxidot :giggle:

TP

Sounds the business, I got a call on Friday to say my vrs is in the country so hopefully next weekend all going well just in time for Xmas, good pictures of rio are still illusive I've seen quite a few and they all look different it's all about the car for me colour is nice but not a deal breaker that's for sure the only colour I would not buy is yellow bit hairdressery lol!! Anyway njoy ur new car and I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Cheers Chilly