Looks a nice car but whenever I look at these I just can't shake the feeling that the styling just isn't anywhere near 'sporty' enough for a hot hatch. But then I guess that appeals to some in itself.

As others have said -needs the black pack. Love that sunroof tho! :-)

To be fair it's not a hot hatch.  It's the sporty version of a fairly large 4 door family/fleet car.

The sunroof is nice, but the opening on the inside isn't as big as you'd think looking at the glass on the outside, it's much smaller.

Only the estate gets the really nice long sunroof.  The internal opening of the hatch one is not that much different in size from the small sunroofs of old.

Due to the roof curve that tapers down at the back.

Oh and regards all the black pack comments, it looks better without the black pack.

The chrome finishes it off nicely. :)

To be fair it's not a hot hatch.  It's the sporty version of a fairly large 4 door family/fleet car.

The sunroof is nice, but the opening on the inside isn't as big as you'd think looking at the glass on the outside, it's much smaller.

Only the estate gets the really nice long sunroof.  The internal opening of the hatch one is not that much different in size front the small sunroofs of old.

I agree entirely, trouble is it tends to be marketed as one. Doesn't especially look like a sporty version to me - blink and you'd mistake it for a 1.6tdi rep-mobile!

So 14% off the cost of a brand new car?

Achievable if buying cash. I believe 7% margin if taking finance, i achieved over 6% and happy with that.

Ps got a quote for 9% off but couldn't do pcp or free servicing with that

That looks like a great example. I'm sure you'd find it ride better on 18's. The 19's look awesome but found it ruined the right and comfort. I love the standard alloys.

I prefer the standard anthracite wheel myself, think it also needs the black pack with candy white to beef up the look.....also not to cause controversy but I think the combi is the better looking car; just not overly mad on the rear end block styling of the hatch and the boot spoiler isnt really to my tastes. Is a nice car though and the spec is pretty strong; be worth a punt if a decent discount could be attained.

Edited by pipsyp

If it's so well specced, why does it have a huge number of switch blanks and only a few of the plastic things replaced with active buttons?

Looks like there is quite a lot of stuff missing to me.

I'm pretty sure that whatever spec you have you will never fill all of them? 

Yeah id say they are, they really hold you and are really comfy 

Thank you ! I have a similar one on order, but I have a dilemma if to go with full leather seats or not.  

Which is pretty much what he said ;)

No he didn't actually.

I'm pretty sure that whatever spec you have you will never fill all of them? 

All or nearly all of them is rather a lot more than hardly any of them other than the standard ones.

It may look nice but this car is not very well specced.

My point is that "Is this the best VRS you've ever seen?"

Well, no it's not.  It's got a few options on it but that's about it.

Some of the stuff listed in post one is standard.

A lot of the options are actually missing. :)  Even if it does look quite nice because it has the big wheels on it.

No he didn't actually.

All or nearly all of them is rather a lot more than hardly any of them other than the standard ones.

It may look nice but this car is not very well specced.

My point is that "Is this the best VRS you've ever seen?"

Well, no it's not.  It's got a few options on it but that's about it.

Some of the stuff listed in post one is standard.

A lot of the options are actually missing. :)  Even if it does look quite nice because it has the big wheels on it.

Jay said "I'm pretty sure that whatever spec you have you will never fill all of them"

You said "You can fill all or most of them."

In other words, you were both in doubt if it's possible or not to fill all the blanks.

• Like 1

Jay said "I'm pretty sure that whatever spec you have you will never fill all of them"

You said "You can fill all or most of them."

In other words, you were both in doubt if it's possible or not to fill all the blanks.

We are talking about this car.

The clue is in the title. :)

• Like 1

Not making sense to me, but it doesn't matter. Move on! :D

That's because you have lost sight of the point of the conversation and gone off on a tangent.

The thread title is "Is this the best VRS you've ever seen?"

My answer is no, most of the nice options are missing and there are loads of blank buttons in it.

Which was where we were before as part of jumping in and defending the OP from everyone you also started arguing against people that were making an accurate observation about the car.

• Like 3

And, i think it is the best 'Looking' one, i haven't seen one on here with the big 19s on, and with the sunroof thats white.. 

in my opinion its the best one I've seen, i haven't seen one with the columbus system? sooo

• Like 1