Heating stays hot when you turn dial to cold....

Badas

Any ideas why when I have heating on full, I then go to adjust the temp to cold it stays at what ever temp I originally set it at?

I can make it go cold if I turn the blower type around a bit and leave it on other settings for a couple of minutes, then go to another setting and it may be cold but most times it remains hot still.... 

It has a mind of it's own but I'm now getting sick of it during 3hr long drives. Any advice please? 

Same here. I found that flicking the AC on/off, the fan off for 2 minutes, then fully rotating the temperature knob each way and then to cold, and then finally turning the fan on with the temperature set to coldest.... USUALLY works. I think it's to do with the heat resistor which controls the amount of heat/cool air through the vents. 

Same here. I found that flicking the AC on/off, the fan off for 2 minutes, then fully rotating the temperature knob each way and then to cold, and then finally turning the fan on with the temperature set to coldest.... USUALLY works. I think it's to do with the heat resistor which controls the amount of heat/cool air through the vents. 

That is exactly what I do but dont press the AC button..... Want to fix it myself :@

I have this sometimes. I had it VCDs scanned over a year ago and came back as an intermittent fault with the heater flap motor. Also I apparently have a recirculating flap motor issue. I've not had it fixed yet though, can't remember cost quote, I think it was between £100 an £200

• Like 1