What is it with people and fog lights

whitep

Whilst we're on pet hates, here's another one of mine....

People who deem it necessary to stop immediately if their phone rings so that they can answer it. Granted, it's better than using it whilst driving, but these people always seem to just land their car in the most inappropriate place with no thought to other road users whatsoever! Why not just phone them back once you've found somewhere SAFE to stop!?!

People who deem it necessary to stop immediately if there phone rings so that they can answer it. Granted, it's better than using it whilst driving, but these people always seem to just land their car in the most inappropriate place with no thought to other road users whatsoever! Why not just phone them back once you've found somewhere SAFE to stop!?!

or get a Hands free kit

• Like 1

People who deem it necessary to stop immediately if there phone rings so that they can answer it. Granted, it's better than using it whilst driving, but these people always seem to just land their car in the most inappropriate place with no thought to other road users whatsoever! Why not just phone them back once you've found somewhere SAFE to stop!?!

Quite simply, because 75% of the sheeple of this country are totally selfish, (me me me me me me )  physically challenged, bone idle, and couldn't give a jot about you, me or Uncle Tom Cobbly or his dog.  :devil:

Yeah thats another that ****s me off, normally on a blind bend or somewhere equally as dangerous. Or they park in a bus stop then get grumpy when I honk them out the way to use it (in a bus). Both are particularly annoying in my town where there is ample side roads to pull into.

Yeah thats another that ****s me off, normally on a blind bend or somewhere equally as dangerous. Or they park in a bus stop then get grumpy when I honk them out the way to use it (in a bus). Both are particularly annoying in my town where there is ample side roads to pull into.

@ Matt, off topic. 

On my way to Oulton Park this morning, I waved at my son  driving the Chester park and ride bus near the zoo.

Apparently it wasn't him!  :blush:   :rofl:

Edited by Mr Ree

Whilst we seem to generally be ranting about the mis-use of lights, here's another one for you that I don't think has ever been mentioned, but another absolute pet hate of mine.  :devil:

Sitting stationery at the roadside... (normally the wrong side and facing you)....with the headlights on. :@

Yet another case of sheer bone idle thoughtlessness, so prevalent in today's society.

We're all doomed, I tell you.

Post #1380...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/234729-what-annoyed-you-today-whilst-driving/page-46

If you drive for a living, front fog lights add to fatigue generally, especially when the surface is wet / shiny. Given that they only illuminate a small area in front of the car, they should only really be used when fog is so thick that you cannot see the kerb. On this basis, maybe construction and use law could be changed so that they switch off automatically when the car reaches 6mph. If fog is thick enough to use them, 6mph is the safe maximum speed.

Front fogs misused is a proper chavvy thing to do, just ignorance of mindless stupid cuts (oops, left out the n).

• Like 3

Sun now splitting the Pavement.

it was -5*oC earlier, now at 10 a.m. still  @ -2*oC and lower in places.  

Some cars cleared before they set off, or driven right out the garage, some covered in Frost/ice with a little slot to look out.

Many DRLs, on.

some drivers with Side Light and Dipped,  & where the Freezing Fog & almost Zero Visibility, many with no lights of any kind.

Not that many with Fog lights being used, where they actually need to be in the Freezing Fog.

Obviously sitting in Traffic behind cars, there are some with the rear fog light still on.

So just a normal Winters Day in Scotland.

http://www.trafficscotland.org/weatherstations

http://www.trafficscotland.org/currentincidents

george

In YOUR opinion. :think:

We were all so much looking forward to your valued contributions on this tetchy subject too. :kiss:

Haha in my opinion yes. I knew I was taking a risk posting such a thing but I just can't believe how worked up people get about some proxy lights.

I didn't read every page so the general consensus may have changed, but I find Corning lights of the 'fog' variety quite handy! And a valuable feature. When driving in the town though if you catch your car in a shop window, it always makes me think I have a bulb out! Haha

Well, there's my bit.

Sun now splitting the Pavement.

it was -5*oC earlier, now at 10 am still -2*oC and lower in places.  

Some cars cleared before they set off, or driven right out the garage, some covered in Frost/ice with a little slot to look out.

Many DRLs, on.

some drivers with Side Light and Dipped,  & where the Freezing Fog & almost Zero Visibility, many with no lights of any kind.

Not that many with Fog lights being used, where they actually need to be in the Freezing Fog.

george

That'll be because the chavs and posers can't be seen as easily, so pointless for them, plus, they'd blend in too easily with those that use them legitimately.

• Like 1