FL orders log

Truthseeker

My new yeti has arrived !!!! In Norway working so can't get it just yet. Waiting will be hellish now !

Top marks to newmarket skoda in stirling,,,, kept me up to date every step of the way despite my constant questions.

Loving the brown now as well, was quite worried that I'd hate it.

I wouldn't go for brown, but it all looks good from that angle clapping.gif

Certainly back in the mists of time, pano roof supply issues from the manufacturer caused problems and they were temporarily deleted by SUK as an option. This time round I've heard all sorts of options as causing delays to Octys and Yetis - KESSY, front assistant (Octy radar).

From what I've seen people seem to get told different reasons by different dealers. Perhaps there are dealer quotas for options, too.... ;)

I think what would be handy is that SUK ensure that they're dealers tell the truth (oxymoron in some cases, me thinks). Rather than telling a customer what they want to hear - ie 'sorry sir, there'll be a 3 months wait' - tell them the truth even if it's 6 or 9 months.

Third time repeat offender at Allams for me and I've always found them accurate with their forecasts. :love:

PS Rumour has it that there are a couple of FL's lurking at Allams.

PPS Latest update, Wk 3 build.....

Well after a race across the continent and a fast boat ride my Yeti is at the dealers :whew: , just been to give them some paper work and had a quick look,  it looks a lot better in the flesh than in the photos I like the look, apart from one area that is being changed to my liking and another area that is having a bit added to it (all will be revealed when I pick it up)  and the tyres swapped to Goodyear  all seasons. And as said in another post I made only front mud flaps,  no rears available yet due to the resigned rear bumper.      

Could have picked it up next Tuesday but can't get there till Friday 22nd  so a early xmas prezzie.

Sorry Tim looks like I win the race this time,  whats the prize  :wonder:    :wait:  a new Yeti  :rofl:,  any news on your yetavea yet  :wonder:

My new yeti has arrived !!!! In Norway working so can't get it just yet. Waiting will be hellish now !

Top marks to newmarket skoda in stirling,,,, kept me up to date every step of the way despite my constant questions.

Loving the brown now as well, was quite worried that I'd hate it.

Pickup on Saturday ,,,,,,, big smiles

Will post some pics up when I can

Well after a race across the continent and a fast boat ride my Yeti is at the dealers :whew: , just been to give them some paper work and had a quick look,  it looks a lot better in the flesh than in the photos I like the look, apart from one area that is being changed to my liking and another area that is having a bit added to it (all will be revealed when I pick it up)  and the tyres swapped to Goodyear  all seasons. And as said in another post I made only front mud flaps,  no rears available yet due to the resigned rear bumper.      

Could have picked it up next Tuesday but can't get there till Friday 22nd  so a early xmas prezzie.

Sorry Tim looks like I win the race this time,  whats the prize  :wonder:    :wait:  a new Yeti  :rofl:,  any news on your yetavea yet  :wonder:

Hi Kevin,

glad you like your new motor, be interested in these changes your up to, all very intriguing  :wonder:

No news on the Yetavia I'm afraid, although I'm hoping to have a part of it tomorrow or Monday in the form of an OEM Octavia III 16" winter wheel kit (steel rims & Bridgestone Blizzak tyres). Ordered the kit from Caffyns Skoda, as even with postage they were cheaper than I could find elsewhere; normal dealer for example wanted £120+ more for the same kit and that was to collect :S

Regards,

Tim.

Hi Kevin,

glad you like your new motor, be interested in these changes your up to, all very intriguing  :wonder:

No news on the Yetavia I'm afraid, although I'm hoping to have a part of it tomorrow or Monday in the form of an OEM Octavia III 16" winter wheel kit (steel rims & Bridgestone Blizzak tyres). Ordered the kit from Caffyns Skoda, as even with postage they were cheaper than I could find elsewhere; normal dealer for example wanted £120+ more for the same kit and that was to collect :S

Regards,

Tim.

Hi Tim 

You where right tyres replaced with Goodyear all seasons,  the other change from spec is something others may like but the boss and myself don't,  the other is more for protection than a change,  the other mod I have in mind I will be doing hopefully over the festive break may work may not will see how it looks,  H7 nightbreaker unlimited on there way for the dipped beam,  would be interested to hear if you find any main beam bulbs.

Also waiting for superskoda to make a cover for the front lower grill, will see if I can fit the one off this one for a while.

Hope you get news of a build week soon for the yetavia, 

• Like 1

Hope you get news of a build week soon for the yetavia, 

Hi Kevin,

just spoken to the dealer and he's told me not to expect it before March :S So it looks like it will be me on a 14 plate :giggle:

Original quote was 15 weeks tops end of January but by the sounds of it she going for 20 weeks + :wonder:  if she will outdo the Yeti's 25 weeks.

TP

Hi Kevin,

just spoken to the dealer and he's told me not to expect it before March :S So it looks like it will be me on a 14 plate :giggle:

Original quote was 15 weeks tops end of January but by the sounds of it she going for 20 weeks + :wonder:  if she will outdo the Yeti's 25 weeks.

TP

Are SUK offering the same late delivery payment that we got with the late Yetis?

Fred

Are SUK offering the same late delivery payment that we got with the late Yetis?

Fred

Hi Fred,

to be honest I don't know and I haven't spoken to SUK about the car and what's looking like a prolonged delivery wait again.

Will wait to hear what the dealer has as in the way of an update in the New Year and then decide if I need to make contact with them, although I'm at the end of week nine now and no provisional build information has been offered by the dealer, other than now expected in March.

Regards,

TP

Hi Kevin,

TP

Hi Tim

Back to the waiting game again, you still have your yeti ( I hope ) so that should make it less of a drag, unlike when you traded pat for the current monster.

Still can't believe it has only taken 10 weeks from order to collection, after waiting 6 months for both the previous yetis.  Worked on that and the offer at the time for March  delivery,  but ha ho just emptied the bank a little sooner :giggle:.

The dealer has 5 FL yetis, mine turned up with two friends then the next day 2 more arrived, and they must have nearly 10 second hand yetis sitting on the forecourt, the new site is very large and they have filled it with Skodas.     

Hi Kevin,

yes still have PAT II ;) but I will hit a issue come end of Jan, as she's coming due a full 40k service and the dealer indicated they wanted it in by that number of miles. Mind they did say they would have the Octy by then but obviously not now.

Will have to see what they say nearer that time but if they can get the car early in March, I might have only added another 1500 :wonder:

Tim.

Hi Tim

Back to the waiting game again, you still have your yeti ( I hope ) so that should make it less of a drag, unlike when you traded pat for the current monster.

Still can't believe it has only taken 10 weeks from order to collection, after waiting 6 months for both the previous yetis.  Worked on that and the offer at the time for March  delivery,  but ha ho just emptied the bank a little sooner :giggle:.

The dealer has 5 FL yetis, mine turned up with two friends then the next day 2 more arrived, and they must have nearly 10 second hand yetis sitting on the forecourt, the new site is very large and they have filled it with Skodas.     

Would that be Allams? If so where have they moved to?

Fred

Would that be Allams? If so where have they moved to?

Fred

No station garage moved from Ewhurst surrey to horsham west Sussex.

Fred here is a photo of the rear, where the water use to run back and ice form, different now  no drop back to the hatch all level with a little more clearance.

post-52230-0-22022400-1387037641_thumb.jpg

And here it is 

post-52230-0-63649600-1387037661_thumb.jpg

Will get more photos when I collect it.

Hi Kevin,

I see they managed to get you light assist this time round :giggle:

As I've not been playing the FL much attention are silver mirror caps now the norm :wonder:

Regards,

Tim.

Hi Tim 

Yes all present and correct this time, plus BT as standard equipment :thumbup: .  Yes the mirror tops are all silver on the outdoor unless you have the coloured  roof option :mmm:  ,  then the tops are colour coded, 

• Like 1

No station garage moved from Ewhurst surrey to horsham west Sussex.

Fred here is a photo of the rear, where the water use to run back and ice form, different now  no drop back to the hatch all level with a little more clearance.

attachicon.gifnew yeti FL 001.JPG

And here it is 

attachicon.gifnew yeti FL 002.JPG

Will get more photos when I collect it.

Thanks for both Kevin!

I didn't know about Station Garage at Broadbridge Heath, much closer than Allams at Epsom. I will be having a look at them next week, probably before the 22nd. :giggle:

Fred

Thanks for both Kevin!

I didn't know about Station Garage at Broadbridge Heath, much closer than Allams at Epsom. I will be having a look at them next week, probably before the 22nd. :giggle:

Fred

If you get there before the 22nd ask for Colin my salesman and tell him I said it was OK for you to have a look in mine, then if you get one from him I may get £50 out of him  :happy:.  

• Like 1

Marie,  If you find the time can you do one of your excellent jobs with photoshop of the yeti side strips on a musky one, will let you decide on the colour (you will be better at that than me), to see if it will look right thanks  :kiss: .

Finalised my order today: Outdoor 110PS Diesel Elegance 2WD in Brilliant Silver. Chose the black Alacantara. Main extras: towbar, Amundsen, rear-view camera. Was quoted 12 to 14 weeks - hoping for 1st April delivery. Traded in my Fabia Estate and was happy with trade-in plus 0% finance/free servicing.

Dealer said that he had processed orders for 7 cars today - mostly on the 0% finance deal. He doubts the 0% offer will continue in 2014 for as many models as at present.

Well, I had a phone call today saying that there is still no build week for mine, about a month after ordering it. I was told that Skoda increased the lead time to 16 weeks from 12 on new Yeti. I finally felt looked after though, as the lady actually made an affort to find out with Skoda UK what was the deal. This all means about another 11 weeks to go. Will see.