Rally red?

Craig85

That was another thing I found out today when I went to Skoda and that my vrs is actually Rally Red.? Is this a common colour and how easy will it be to find a touch up for it as a temporary fix until I can get the front end resprayed?

Mine is a Y plate, 2001 hatch. All the other references I've seen have been to a different red which I can't remember the name of now.

So how rare is this rally red?

That's it, Corrida.! There is another early one around near me that I think must be the corrida as it was the first week mine was on the road and was in tescos car park and thought someone had played silly buggers and moved mine to another space but no, was another Y plate vrs but the red was a slightly different colour but I wasn't totally sure why. Had to double check the reg no though :rofl:

Still at least I know what it is now so can get the correct colour :)

From what I remember it was phased out late 2002, replaced by Corrida Red. I ordered an Elegance estate around that Christmas and was told Rally Red was no longer available :( Even worse the build was delayed and we had to switch to one already in the system in Admiral Blue metallic - looked okay but nothing like the red!

It does seem to suffer more from fading than the Corrida Red, and it's been a while since I've seen a good example around here.

Hope you get yours sorted.

Thanks for that, it certainly is a nice red. It's not gone pinky anywhere other than the spoiler edges and just needs a good mop throughout.

It's not bad just could do with a bit of an enrich.

The touch up is due to the dealer before me buying it touching up the scratches with a completely different red that looks like blood splatters on the bumper but it'll now need a bumper spray as has now suffered a bad bit of lacquer peel :(

Never be a show car but hopefully can make it look more fresh again but it's certainly not a terrible example :)

They're better offroad.....maybe why reds have a name for themselves!

Does make you wonder.. Maybe it's the rally's that tend to bite back, mine has on a number of occasions already.

Keeps leaving me with blood pouring from various areas on my arms and hands and I've only had it 2 weeks.

Obviously have a taste for it :)

• Like 1