Replace boot light bulb

Hey guys, complete numpty here! I want to check the bulb in my Octavia hatch boot as it seems to come on sometimes but not others when I open the boot. How do I get the damn thing out? Don't want to prise it out of the lining if there's another way.

I know this is a trivial question but you have to start somewhere!

There's a small recess in the bottom of the lens.

Small screwdriver in the recess and prise out carefully.

It is a bit of a tight fit but will come out with care.

Be aware though, that there is a thin metal surround around the sides of the hole so make sure you get the screwdriver between this and the lens.

At top of the light theres a cut out to insert a screwdriver to prise it out. Take the top out first then pull the bottom out.

Is yours fitted with the connector at the bottom?

Ours is at the top and the recess is at the opposite end of the light

• 4 years later...
21 hours ago, MetalMedic said:

Bit of an old topic does anyone know how to get the actual bulb out? Managed to get the cover off but no idea how to get the bulb out to replace it. 

The bulb should sit there in plain sight. Doesn't the back of the cover look like this for you?

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Or is it covered by a metal sheet? That would indicate, that you have some aftermarket LED curtesy lights installed.

11 hours ago, Conz said:

The bulb should sit there in plain sight. Doesn't the back of the cover look like this for you?

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Or is it covered by a metal sheet? That would indicate, that you have some aftermarket LED curtesy lights installed.

Mine look different to that, took a couple of snaps

7D4E5B3E-6EBA-4E26-9146-B22712A7C608.jpeg

5604A6CE-90A8-4D1A-BBCF-7CB67C07833F.jpeg

BD213FF8-8271-401A-8FDF-BC3EC887ED82.jpeg

59 minutes ago, MetalMedic said:

Mine look different to that, took a couple of snaps

Oh right, my bad, I remembered wrong. 

Yeah, it's the standard ones you have, you can just grab the top of the bulb and pull it out, though it can be a bit tough to get out. You can also pry it softly from the bottom, but do not use anything conducive, as you could blow the internal-lights fuse.

Had a go but thought I’d leave it for now, scared of braking it trying to get it out. Got some trim removing tools on the way that should be a bit nicer than using a screw driver. Tried taking the glove box out but couldn’t get the bottom screw out on the side. I’ll try again when I’ve got more time