Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

thx.

Yup, like the looks, like the ride and all the gadgets too. :)

Just wish it would be more quiet too. I get a a very annoying hollow metallic sound (like having empty steel barrel inside the car) that I cant point out where it's coming from. The noise starts at about 20km/h speeds and stays the same regardless the speed I'm driving. Have put sound deadening in boot, under back seat, all doors and boot lid. That made a huge difference in overall road noise BUT made this metallic sound even more annoying! :dull:

Edited by aerrae

22 minutes ago, Chelseacraig said:

Is it a diesel vrs 

Nope 1.8 Tsi L&K, and the sound is definitely not engine based.

Best guess at the moment is the roof vibrating at its natural frequency as the noise did seem to lower a bit when I put some stuff (a firm cardboard box) between roof and the dog/safety net (or what the hell that thing is called in english, koiraverkko in Finnish, thats between rear seat and boot, see pic below)

koiraverkko.JPG

Edited by aerrae

1 hour ago, aerrae said:

Nope 1.8 Tsi L&K, and the sound is definitely not engine based.

Best guess at the moment is the roof vibrating at its natural frequency as the noise did seem to lower a bit when I put some stuff (a firm cardboard box) between roof and the dog/safety net (or what the hell that thing is called in english, koiraverkko in Finnish, thats between rear seat and boot, see pic below)

koiraverkko.JPG

Did you sound deaden the spare wheel well as well?

It acts like a Fn base drum

19 hours ago, Chelseacraig said:

See that's a great car , but your wheels would suit it 

Used to be refurbisher on Ebay doing gloss black 19" turbine wheels @ £450 with your current wheels in PX, that was incl. of decent brand new rubber. I'll see if I can find you his details, can't find the picture I had right now so, I posted the only Merc model I like instead

FB_IMG_1447680280958.jpg

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Did you sound deaden the spare wheel well as well?

It acts like a Fn base drum

Yup, In fact that was the first thing I did... 2 layers of STP Black Gold in whole boot.