Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Well that place is a hotel so you could technically go there with your son. I'll help you book a room if you... Give me your vRS :p

But seriously, I just took a random photo in front of a hotel, I don't live in that kind of scenery. I live in a big, smelly, crowded city.

Edited by TheGeneral

Well that place is a hotel so you could technically go there with your son. I'll help you book a room if you... Give me your vRS :p

But seriously, I just took a random photo in front of a hotel, I don't live in that kind of scenery. I live in a big, smelly, crowded city.

Thanks for the info General...and of course your offer to help me out...

Now, a big, smelly and crowded city...hmm...have you ever visited Birmingham?  Sorry Brum, but you know it's true. I'll be smelling and squeezing my way into you again on January 3rd   :x

albors: Thanks man!

skovirg: I reckon that's the curse of the big city, regardless of the country it's in. I'm just saying, the scenere where I live is concrete, concrete, and even more concrete. That's why I had to drive a few hours to get to a decent background with trees and stuff.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cossiecol

We would never be able to tint the front windows like that in the uk :(

The front windows must allow 70% light through.

Guest Cossiecol

Lol we would get shafted!

The police can make you tear the film off at the side of the road, so it would be a waste of money to get it that dark.

I will however be getting them tinted after I collect the car in March :)

The same here, they can make you tear the film, but I never had to. If you are nice they let you go. At least the legal ones on the front windows is ok, I dont't like sunburns on the driving side :))

Posted elsewhere but here it is again, my Meteor (battleship) Grey vRS Tdi Combi.

Had her 12 days now and she is a firm favourite, not just with me but the whole family.

post-111838-0-59863700-1390072532_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Lol we would get shafted!

The police can make you tear the film off at the side of the road, so it would be a waste of money to get it that dark.

I will however be getting them tinted after I collect the car in March :)

A mate had the front windows tinted on a car he had and got stopped by the police one night, not only did the insist on the removal of the film(on all windows as the rear screen only let 10%) at roadside but they also made him get an MOT test even though the car was less than a year old, this also meant that he had to get an MOT every year since...  

Guest Cossiecol

The rear windows are not subject to the same light levels as the front.

While I'm not openly disputing the MOT tests or removal of ALL the film, I do think its unlikely certainly for the MOT, they could have insisted in getting VOSA to check it however.

However as I was (obviously) not there I can't comment, but it's very strange....

The same here... Sometimes I have problems , but it's not that bad. I have 15 % all around and 50% windshield :D

No offence but a 50% tint on your windscreen is just a little...well..daft. Potentially a conclusion you will come to yourself when you have run someone over who was dressed in dark clothing and was unfortunate enough to cross the road in front of you.

Making your car look good is one thing, blatantly comprising the safety of other people is another.  :wonder:

• Like 1

It might not compromise your safety but does that of others.

You wouldn't wear sunglasses at night so why fit them to your windows permanently??

Looks nice but not practical. Or at least not over here where it's dark half the flipping year.

Other than that, nice looking car!

I guess things must be different in Romania... maybe you have forward facing speed cams there, 50% tint would go a bit to hide the face of the driver... that or help if Dracula was driving the car... :giggle: