Fireball in the sky

J242

Seem to be a fair few mentions of it on Twitter from up and down the country, cant seem to find anything else though.  Would be suprised if it didnt make the news, it had me slowing down and opening the window to listen for the boom...

Was dead on 9pm

Just making light of the proposition that it would be a fulfillment of Murphy's law if the planet were to be hit by an extinction level event asteriod/meteor at the time when all the World's astronomers were observing Comet ISON hitting the Sun. "The one with your name on it", is a reference to an old-time military saying in the UK (I think, from the First World War), when squaddies on the Front-line would say, jokingly, in the midst of heavy shellfire, that you'd never hear (Or see) the bullet that killed you.

Nick

I saw a massive shooting star too :-) seemed to glow almost green

Around midnight 29th your time I saw one while barrelling down an autobahn and person in passenger seat said it was a firework.......... Now I know :D