Window Tints

Go Darker than factory - Measured in light transmission..

minimum of 70% is current - and is the most tint on windscreen / front sides

35% classed as "light Smoke" 

25% medium smoke

15% dark smoke

5-7% (depending on manufacture) is Limo.

I had factory tints - and it wasn't dark enough.. but i had Limo before.. so this time went with the Dark and it's just nice! :) 

Al. 

I fitted these http://windesa.com/sonnen-und-hitzeschutz-01.html?action=listProducts&model_category_id=1987

Expensive but well pleased with them. Keep prying eyes out but not too dark to see out of. You can run with rear windows down up to about 50mph with no buffeting.

And if you don't mind a join down the middle of the rear screen, the vanstyle ones are pretty good for about £80. I don't have sunset glass, but the fitted blinds do a great job keeping the sun off the little one.

I'd second jakeblade's comment. Had my van style ones for ~12 months now and think they are great value...and easily removable.

Due to collect my Superb Estate this morning which should have had the Sunset Glass option but the Dealer didn't get my E-mail requesting it so I've been looking at after Market options and I think they are actually better as they are darker and I quite often have Fishing Tackle in there, I'm probably going to be going with 18%. The Sunset option was £230, the Stealer wanted £260 to get it done after market but there is a local guy that will do it for £190, sounds like he knows what he's doing (http://www.ultimatetinting.co.uk/window-tinting.asp?PartnerID=83).

Napier - I was looking for something like this over the summer with no luck - any chance of a couple of photos, I'd like to see how they fit.

Cheers Chris

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Chris will take some pics tomorrow n post.....I hope!

Rear Blind just fits with 2 clips on the top of the blind....really good fit. Rear side blinds fit with 1 clip on the top of each blind. Door fitment is 4 clips, 1 self adhesive on rear door frame, one top and 2 at front edge. See attached file....if it works!!Blinds.pdf

My S/hand estate came with the sunset option and can appear almost "black" from an acute angle and cosmetically is fine but as a security measure it has no value."Limo" tint on the rear windows will be the way forward for myself as from recent experience from my previous vehicle a Peugeot mpv it does not allow anyone to see inside whatever the light conditions.The downside however is it does make visibility/perception at night different and obviously darkens the interior ambience of the car so its a mixed bag of pro's and con's.

I'm probably not allowed to say, but I got a set of Vanstyle screens for a Combi, as new, all the clips, in the carry bag, PM me if you want?

Check the "Car Parts For sale" section

I bought some vanstyle blinds for my car and the rear screen didn't fit after two months of e-mails & phone calls and still nothing, I complained through e-bay and got £25 back I wouldn't  deal with vanstyle again. After they got the money they couldn't careless that the blinds didn't fit.

I bought some vanstyle blinds for my car and the rear screen didn't fit after two months of e-mails & phone calls and still nothing, I complained through e-bay and got £25 back I wouldn't deal with vanstyle again. After they got the money they couldn't careless that the blinds didn't fit.

Sorry to hear that. I had trouble with the rear blinds too. They first sent me extra clips, and when that didn't work they sent me a full set of blinds within a week. So my experience was much better :)

Mine had a side one that was not too clever a fit, a new one was sent me following a simple phone call, I would use them again, in fact I did, I got a set for the other halfs Astra

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet mate, been hoping for a couple of good days so I could give it a clean first, will see if I can get some done before weekend, incidentally I went to Gateway Auto Tints in the end to get mine done, more local to me and they've been round a long time, slightly more expensive though at £220 and the Tints are 17% but well worth it.

Craig

Edited by EyghonUK

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I thought I was replying to a question re tints but see it's gone to you! My inexperience! Apologies.

No problem mate, guessing you were responding to one of the posts at the top of the thread?, if so use the "Quote" button as above.

Regards

Craig

Edited by EyghonUK