Hi there Everyone.............help is needed!

kennyd32

Hi from The South Coast,

I have been admiring Skoda for quite some time now and eventually, early 2014, I will be able to choose my next Company Car - I have £26k P11D to spend and I am looking at doing 800miles a week, covering the South of England for work.

The cars I have in mind, within budget are, Superb Elegance Hatch 170 Manual or Octavia vRS DSG Estate both Diesel. Has anyone driven and compared these cars? Favouring the Superb, mainly due to comfort and refinement - any comments or suggestions would be helpful?

I so respect the Skoda badge now and will be proud to own one soon. BTW, my colour choice is White. I clean my car thoroughly every week, so I don't see that as a problem.

I live near Fareham in Hants.

Cheers from KennyD

You might want to put the octy 150 elegance on your short list too. With your budget you could add a few nice extras as well. As ever test drive your shortlist and go from there.

me neither. Shame you weren't at our last monthly meet at The West Meon Hut, JerryT was there and he seems very pleased with his spanking new MkIII Octavia vRS CR. It's an estate in white and looks very nice. Another localish member has a fairly new Superb but he's a bit disappointed with it. The reasons why I don't know.

yeah I know it, Sciviers Lane. Know a guy by the name of Peter Greaves perchance?

I'll ask the Mrs, she is Durley born and bred and works at the school. I may know him by sight, but the surname doesn't ring a bell.

I'll ask the Mrs, she is Durley born and bred and works at the school. I may know him by sight, but the surname doesn't ring a bell.

He moved to Chichester a couple of years back, wife called Tracey. Petrolhead with a Disco 3, Audi TTS and a bright orange Caterham.

Thanks for saying hello, guys!

If you don't mind a non Skoda in the group for awhile, I'd like to come along to the West Meon Hut (ex biker, so I know where it is!) and come and admire your wheels and skodachat. I like going to shows as well and do enjoy the modding scene too - even tho I'm an old git.

Sorry Leepatrick 01, I haven't got a sister with an R8...........did you want to smooth in?

Littleade - Yes, I've thought about the Octy Elegance too - for getting more toys :happy: . I saw a white Octy vRS estate in the High St in Lee, last week. Looked really good!

FatWomble - Just up the road buddy...........is it a decent pint? Look forward to meeting up

Gallego1968 - Good luck to Barnet FC............I love my  football too! Keep the Faith.

Looking forward to chatting soon. Can I also recommend Lee on the Slolent Sea Front as a Meeting point. Good views, cafes and Ice Creams - could be an idea?

All the Best

KennyD

Thanks for saying hello, guys!

If you don't mind a non Skoda in the group for awhile, I'd like to come along to the West Meon Hut (ex biker, so I know where it is!) and come and admire your wheels and skodachat. I like going to shows as well and do enjoy the modding scene too - even tho I'm an old git.

Sorry Leepatrick 01, I haven't got a sister with an R8...........did you want to smooth in?

Littleade - Yes, I've thought about the Octy Elegance too - for getting more toys :happy: . I saw a white Octy vRS estate in the High St in Lee, last week. Looked really good!

FatWomble - Just up the road buddy...........is it a decent pint? Look forward to meeting up

Gallego1968 - Good luck to Barnet FC............I love my  football too! Keep the Faith.

Looking forward to chatting soon. Can I also recommend Lee on the Slolent Sea Front as a Meeting point. Good views, cafes and Ice Creams - could be an idea?

All the Best

KennyD

Need to check out the West Meon meet myself, I didn't know there was one. I sometime organise Lotus meets there.

Need to check out the West Meon meet myself, I didn't know there was one. I sometime organise Lotus meets there.

If someone could let me know when the Jan - Feb one is? Used to have an Elise.........great fun, especially with a Janspeed exhaust :rock: 

Attended afew Lotus meets at St Leonards near Bournemouth, but it was too "coupley".