headlight lense cleaning anyone done it

Hi forum members,

I just did the clean up from inside. What amazed me is that the foggy glass that I was thinking I have was just some very delicate dust. Yes, just dust. So if I was more clever on time I would just unscrew the black caps of the H4 and the lens next to it and with air blower would just remove the dust from the inside glass. Anyway I did it the hard way (using the hot air gun to split them) and it took me almost half a day to complete. At the end I sealed the glass back to the body with white sanitary silicone and I'm not sure if the water resistance will be enough. I'll be able to share feedback in couple of weeks. Here are some photos that show my headlight before and after:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Asc0AZzFocdkhOo30al3GiB9k1wlmw

Enjoy!

• 5 years later...

For the inside, you need to know whether its just dusty or rusty. If dusty, you can get hot air gun, hover it on the sticky line gently until the the transparent civer detaches, then with damped microfiber and gently remove dust from the shiny parts that reflects light, then clean with a shaving foam. For the inside of the transparent cover, you can wash with foam and damped microfiber then rinse with distilled water to avoid white traces of normal water when ot dries. Dry everything with dry microfiber then glue all back with proper silicon