Rear passenger door locked shut :(

mrselvis

Hi,

After some advice and pointers. Went out to the motor this morning and my rear passenger door won't unlock with the fob. The rest of the car is fine.  Tried opening it from the inside handle but still no go, so it's definitely jammed shut somehow.

Firstly, any one any ideas what it might be??

and secondly, any ideas how I can get it open to check these things!!!

To add more info, it's a 52 plate elegance.  If I pull the handle from the inside the lock button raises but the door doesn't open / unlock

Cheers

Edited by mrselvis

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

The search bar at the top of the forum, will help you find what you need, loads of posts about this if you type 'stuck door'..

its the motor mech thats deadlocked stuck most likely. The microswitch has probably gone.

• Like 2

seats out, door card off, window regulator off, long flat bladed screwdriver and a hammer. Get a replacement lock first though :)

That's how I had to do mine, getting the stuff out and off while the door's locked shut is the hardest bit.

Thanks for that guys. Got the door card off this morning after trying the "hit it" option.

Wasn't the lock, it's a faulty / dodgy wiring connection between the loom and the lock mechanism.

Back working again now, but I have a feeling the way people seem to slam the doors on my motor probably doesn't help! had her for 5 years and always shout at people not to slam but they do, especially the kids.  Will see how long it lasts, need it to last 3 mth as I'm planning on retiring her soon

I did check that behind the door pillar and where it runs through the gaiter between the hinges and the wiring is sound.

When we got the card of it would appear by using the age old technical method of "wiggling it" ;-)  that there is something of a dodgy connection at the lock mechanism.  

• 3 years later...

I have this intermittently on a 2002 model.  Last night took a couple of minutes of hitting door with fist to get it open.  Could hear ratchet of deadlock trying to work but failing to unlock.  As I say, kept hitting door beside lock whilst locking and unlocking car from driver door control panel and it eventually unlocked.  Time for a new lock I guess as power seemed to be getting to the motor so ruling out wiring problem I think.